- APPLICATION DUE DATE: 11/19/18 *By 5:00 PM
- Mailed applications must be postmarked by due date to be considered, no faxed/emailed documents are accepted.
- PLACE FOR FILING APPLICATION: CITY HALL – Personnel Dept 3rd Floor, 76 E. High St., Springfield, Ohio 45502
- CIVIL SERVICE EXAM INFORMATION: TO BE ANNOUNCED – All Applicants will receive an exam notice *If you provide an email address your notice will be emailed from firstname.lastname@example.org in the weeks following the application deadline. Check your SPAM or add the email above to your contacts to ensure you get your notice.
- PAY RANGE: $18.07 – $23.34 per hour *Plus excellent benefits
- EXAMINATION CUT-OFF SCORE: 70%
This position involves skilled mechanical and building maintenance work in the maintenance and repair of a variety of city buildings, facilities, and other related equipment. Work will involve maintenance and repair tasks on the outside and inside of city buildings. See Job Announcement PDF for additional details.
This position requires graduation from high school or equivalent, and considerable experience in mechanical maintenance and building maintenance; or any equivalent combination of training and experience for building maintenance. This position also requires possession of a valid Ohio Class “B” commercial drivers license with tanker and air brakes and a Refrigerant Transmission and Recovery Certification, Newly hired employees will be given 90 days to obtain licenses/certifications.
CREDIT FOR MILITARY SERVICE: Applicants who have been honorably discharged from active duty in the armed forces of the United States are eligible to receive an additional percentage of their cumulative passing score. Proof (i.e., a copy of the Honorable Discharge certificate, or the DD-214 specifying an honorable discharge) must be submitted with the application. NO CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN IF PROOF IS SUBMITTED AFTER THE FILING DEADLINE.