- LAST DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION: August 24, 2018 *Before 5:00 PM
- PLACE FOR FILING APPLICATION: CITY HALL – Personnel Dept 3rd Floor, 76 E. High St., Springfield, OH 45502 *Submit original application, no faxed or emailed documents are accepted. Mailed applications must be postmarked by the deadline to be considered.
- DATE, TIME & PLACE OF WRITTEN EXAMINATION: TO BE ANNOUNCED
- All applicants will receive an exam notice
- If an email address is provided the exam notice will be sent electronically
- Exam notices will be sent from the email address email@example.com in the weeks following the application deadline, check your SPAM box or add that email address to your contacts to make sure you get your exam notice!!
- PAY RANGE: $20.59 – $26.80 per hour
- EXAMINATION CUT-OFF SCORE: 70%
Highly skilled electrical, electronic, and precision instrument maintenance position involving work on treatment plant facilities and related equipment. Work duties include installing, maintaining, and repairing electronic equipment and precision instruments at the treatment plant wellfields, lift stations, pump stations and elevated tanks. Please view the PDF of the job announcement which lists additional duties of the job.
This position requires any combination of training and experience equivalent to completion of high school or vocational school training combined with three years’ experience as a journeyman electrician or electronics technician. Requires basic knowledge of PLC’s, SCADA systems, and CAD. A thorough knowledge of 3 phase wiring; hand and machine tools used for electrical and electronic maintenance, and the symbols and markings used in detailed electrical and electronic system diagrams are also necessary.
CREDIT FOR MILITARY SERVICE: Applicants who are Ohio residents and have been honorably discharged from active duty in the armed forces of the United States are eligible to receive additional percentage of their cumulative passing score. Proof (i.e., a copy of the honorable discharge certificate or the DD-214 specifying an honorable discharge) must be submitted with the application. NO CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN IF PROOF IS SUBMITTED AFTER THE FILING DEADLINE.