Motor Equipment Operator I
- LAST DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION: June 23, 2017 *Before 5:00 PM
- PLACE FOR FILING APPLICATION: City Hall, Personnel Dept., 3rd Fl, 76 E. High St., Springfield, Ohio 45502
- DATE, TIME, AND PLACE OF EXAMINATION: TO BE ANNOUNCED *Applicants will receive notice
- HOURLY PAY RANGE: $15.53 – $19.67
- EXAMINATION CUT-OFF SCORE: 70%
This position involves responsibility for the skilled and safe operation of trucks, tractors, and related motor equipment and for the performance of maintenance or construction tasks.
Applicants must possess high school education or equivalent and/or some experience and skill in the safe and efficient operation of heavy motor equipment under all types of weather conditions; knowledge of the operational and minor maintenance characteristics of equipment being operated; ability to understand and follow simple oral and written directions; knowledge of traffic rules; ability to make minor repairs and adjustments to equipment; mechanical aptitude; good physical condition; and possession of or ability to obtain a Class B CDL with tanker and air brake endorsements.
CREDIT FOR MILITARY SERVICE: Applicants who have been honorably discharged from active duty in the armed forces of the United States are eligible to receive additional percentage of their cumulative passing score. Proof (i.e., a copy of the honorable discharge certificate or the DD-214 specifying an honorable discharge) must be submitted with the application. NO CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN IF PROOF IS SUBMITTED AFTER THE FILING DEADLINE.