Are You Interested In Becoming a Firefighter/Paramedic?
The Personnel Department maintains a notification list for individuals interested in being notified of the next application period for the position of Firefighter/ Paramedic. It’s as easy as providing your name and permanent mailing address. By having your name on the notification list, you will receive a letter from the Personnel Department notifying you of the next application period, approximately 7-10 days prior to the advertising of the application period.
Jobs: Firefighter / Paramedic
Pay Range: $46,421 – $59,884 Plus Excellent Fringe Benefits including paid training.
Scope of Selection Process:
- Written Civil Service Exam
- Physical Capability Test
- Polygraph Examination
- Medical Physical
- Extensive Background Examination
- Oral Interview
- Psychological Analysis
- Pre-Employment Physical examination (after offer of conditional employment) including metabolic cart, vision, hearing, and urine analysis/drug screening
- Age: At least 18 years of age at time of appointment
- Education: High School Graduate or equivalent
- Physical: Eyesight: 20/20, corrected Weight: in proportion to height
- MUST possess the physical ability to perform consistently and promptly to all duties of the position.
- Applicants Must Possess: The ability to perform strenuous work with a substantial element of personal risk; the ability to work in hazardous conditions of smoke, heat, cramped spaces, and height; the ability to do paramedic work which includes the ability to withstand accident situations and maintain stability of performance; the ability to exercise sound judgment; and the ability to write complete and accurate reports.
Special Requirements of Work:
- Residency: All employees of the Fire Rescue Division must reside within Clark County or any of the five (5) Counties adjacent to Clark County.
- License: Must hold a valid, unrestricted Ohio Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
- Must obtain EMT-Paramedic certification with three years of date of appointment.
Firefighter/Paramedic Typical Work Schedule: On duty 24 consecutive hours including weekends and Holidays, off duty 48 consecutive hours.
Thanks for your interest in working for the Fire Rescue Division and the City of Springfield, Ohio. Any additional questions can be directed to our Training Bureau at (937) 324-7711.
How to Apply
Contact the City of Springfield, Personnel Department at (937) 324-7318 or email Natalie Payton at firstname.lastname@example.org.