Are retired persons required to pay city tax?

Retirees are not required to pay on their income from Social Security or income from Federally qualified retirement plans.   However, retirees are subject to the tax if they have any other types of earned income.  If all your income is non-taxable (ie: qualified pension, interest, dividends, etc.) then you only need to check the appropriate box in Part A, near the top of the form, sign and return the form to our office.  Once you are age 65, and have filed 3 consecutive years of “no taxable income”, your account can be exempt from filing.  Please contact the tax office for more information.  There is no age limit, per the Ohio Revised code, for paying municipal taxes on otherwise taxable earned income.

Share This