Can a City code enforcement officer enter onto my property with or without my permission?

An officer/inspector may conduct an inspection from a location where they are legally entitled to be such as the public sidewalk, streets and alleys. An officer/inspector may enter onto private property to deliver notices or orders in connection to the enforcement of City ordinances. Officers/Inspectors may not enter the interior of a property without the owner’s consent.

Share This