How can I talk to a prosecutor about my case?

If you are not represented by an attorney or by the Public Defender’s Office, you can request at your first court appearance that your case be assigned for a non-attorney pretrial conference with one of the prosecutors to discuss a possible resolution of your case. The court may request you to sign a form indicating your desire to have your case set for a non-attorney pretrial and waiving your right to a speedy trial until the pretrial takes place. Your case will then be set for a specific date and time for you to meet with a prosecutor. The prosecutors will not generally discuss your case with you over the phone or prior to the date set for the non-attorney pretrial conference. If you are being represented by an attorney or by the Public Defender’s Office, the prosecutor will discuss your case with your attorney or public defender ONLY. You should contact your attorney or the Public Defender’s Office at (937) 521-1726.

Related Topics

Who is required to file Springfield income tax returns?

All residents of Springfield that are 18 or older are required to file a return each year. If you became 18 years of age during the year, you must file a pay on the amount of wages you earned after your 18th birthday. All non-residents are required to file if they performed work or services within the city and had earnings which were not withheld upon. Additionally, each business located or performing services within the city is required to file. Returns are required with no regard for the amount of income received or losses incurred.

read more
Share This