Columbia Gas is hosting a customer information meeting for residents impacted by the Rose Street and Wilson Avenue gas line replacement project:
- What: Rose and Wilson Customer Information Meeting
- Day: Thursday, February 9th
- Time: 5:30 PM
- Location: The CareerConnectED Center at The Dome
Rose Street and Wilson Avenue Project
Work is expected to begin in February; however, an advance/planning team will be in the area immediately marking utilities and conducting preliminary work. The construction and clean-up is expected to be completed by the end of year.
What to Expect
Residents who will be directly impacted by this project should expect:
- A letter from Columbia Gas outlining the project with details about a customer information meeting the company will host in your neighborhood.
- Columbia Gas contractors may inspect sewer lines in the project area. As a part of the process, they may need to gain access to your home, and in these cases will work directly with you to schedule an appointment.
- The right of way and existing utilities will be marked with flags, stakes, and temporary paint.
- Columbia Gas contractors will work street by street to install new main lines in the tree lawn or right of way. Service lines will be installed up to each customer’s home or building.
- Gas service will not be impacted until it is time for Columbia Gas to work on each customer’s meter. For most customers, gas service will be interrupted for approximately two hours. Customers will get advance notice of this service interruption.
- Any indoor gas meters will be relocated to the outside of the home or business.
- All property, including sidewalk, lawns, and driveways, will be fully restored.
Columbia Gas employees and contractors carry photo identification and will be happy to show it.
Click here for more information from Columbia Gas on the the gas line replacement projects.