SPRINGFIELD, OH (June 25, 2019) — National Night Out, a community event sponsored by the Springfield Police Division in conjunction with several other public and private organizations, will take place Tuesday, Aug. 6, at Snyder Park.
The free event will include free food, snacks and youth bicycle helmets while supplies last. A free kids movie will be shown the evening of the event, and will include music by DJ Hotdog.
“This event is always a great opportunity for officers to form positive relationships in the community,” said Sgt. Tom Selner. “We are glad to once again be taking part in this event and I hope many residents are able to participate.” In addition to the Police Division, participants will include:
- American Red Cross
- Box 27 Association
- Citizen’s Police Academy Alumni Association
- Clark County Combined Health District
- Clark County Department of Jobs & Family Services
- Clark County Prosecutor’s Office
- Clark County Waste Management
- Council of Neighborhood Associations
- Fellowship Christian Church
- Jim Twiggs Allstate Insurance
- National Alliance on Mental Health
- National Trails Parks and Recreation
- Oesterlen Services for Youth
- Ohio State Highway Patrol
- Springfield Fire Rescue Division
- United Senior Services
- United Way
The event will take place from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.