- APPLICATION DUE DATE: 11/19/2018 *By 5:00 PM
- PLACE FOR FILING APPLICATION: City Hall – Personnel Dept. 3rd Floor, 76 E. High St., Springfield OH 45502 *Mailed applications must be postmarked by due date to be considered, no faxed or emailed documents are accepted.
- CIVIL SERVICE EXAM INFORMATION: TO BE ANNOUNCED – All Applicants will receive an exam notice *If you provide an email address your notice will be emailed from firstname.lastname@example.org in the weeks following the application deadline. Check your SPAM or add the email above to your contacts to ensure you get your notice.
- PAY RANGE: $18.43 – $23.85 per hour *Plus excellent benefits
- EXAMINATION CUT-OFF SCORE: 70%
This position is responsible for performing highly skilled mechanical work in support of all maintenance activities within the City’s Water or Wastewater Plants. Work involves the responsibility for keeping the plant facilities, wellfields, lift stations, pump stations and elevated tank equipment operational by conducting a preventative maintenance program and installing, repairing and maintaining equipment. Work may also involve performing building maintenance tasks on plant buildings including construction design, layout, painting, masonry repair, plumbing and minor electrical repair. Work is performed with considerable independence in maintaining, diagnosing equipment malfunction and completing repairs. See Job Announcement PDF for additional details
This position requires a high school education or equivalent with extensive experience and possession of considerable knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repair of pumps, valves and similar mechanical and electrical equipment common to water and wastewater operations. This position also requires possession of a Class A CDL with tanker and air brake endorsements. (Newly hired employees will be given 90 working days to obtain the CDL, if necessary.)
CREDIT FOR MILITARY SERVICE: Applicants who have been honorably discharged from active duty in the armed forces of the United States are eligible to receive an additional percentage of their cumulative passing score. Proof (i.e., a copy of the Honorable Discharge certificate, or the DD-214 specifying an honorable discharge) must be submitted with the application. NO CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN IF PROOF IS SUBMITTED AFTER THE FILING DEADLINE.