Erie Interceptor Express Sewer
Work continues on the Erie Express Sewer Project. Several crews are working throughout the entire project. Crews are working on Skinner Lane and W. First Street placing bores under the roadway. At the new lift station site, crews have begun building the above ground portion of the new pump station facility. Also, restoration work continues throughout the project. No roads are closed at this time. Please be aware of construction traffic entering and exiting different areas along the construction route.
CLA – Villa Road, PID 89421
Construction continues. This project consists of adding a center turn lane and multi-user trail between Derr Road and Red Coach Drive. A new traffic signal has been installed and is operational at Red Coach Drive and Villa Road. Pavement and markings have been completed. Normal traffic patterns have been restored except in areas of work crews that will be continuing work on gas main, waterline and retaining wall work. Anticipated completion date is October 27th, 2017. R.B. Jergens Contractors, Inc. is the contractor on this project. Please be aware that construction traffic will be entering and exiting the work zone.
Funded by ODOT and OPWC.
CLA – East Street Recon, PID 94806
This project consists of reconstructing East Street, from High Street to Grand Avenue. Construction has begun with crews working on curb, gutter, sidewalks and curb ramps throughout the length of the project. ODOT will be funding 80%, with OPWC funding the remaining 20%. Anticipated completion date, November 3, 2017.
Funded by ODOT and OPWC.
2017 OPWC Paving Project
This project consists of pavement repair, planing, pulverizing and resurfacing of certain areas of Balsam Drive, Center Street and East Street. Contractor is currently working on sidewalks, curb ramps and street repairs at various locations throughout the project. Anticipated completion date, November 10, 2017.
Funded by OPWC and the City.
2017 Sidewalk, Curb and Gutter Program
The yearly sidewalk program has been awarded to Sterling Quality Concrete. Notification letters have been sent notifying the property owners that need to have work done. The streets that work will be done on are East Street (High St. to Rice St.), Balsam Drive (Home Rd. to Carousel Dr.) and Center Street (Pleasant St. to North St.) Sterling Quality Concrete is the contractor for this project.
CLA – Bechtle Signals, PID 98859
The CLA – Bechtle Signals project consists of replacing signal controllers and equipment, adding video cameras and spread spectrum radios and a signal being reconstructed. This project is located on Bechtle Avenue at the intersection of SR41 (Troy Road). This project was awarded to Bansal Construction on June 6, 2017.
Funded by ODOT.
Ramp Expansion (Airport)
This project consists of adding a 244′ x 190′ asphalt apron at the maintenance and service operation facilities of Spectra Jet at the Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport.
Funded by ODOT JCED Funds and Airport Funds.
S. Limestone Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter
Construction has begun. The project is currently replacing sidewalk, curb and gutter along South Limestone Street from Miller Road to Leffel Lane. Please be aware that construction traffic will be entering and exiting work zones. Anticipated completion date is October 20, 2017. Performance Site Development is the contractor on this project.
2017 PI Paving Project
Construction has begun. This work consists of pavement repair, planing, pulverizaton and resurfacing various roadways. It will also include curb ramp and sidewalk installation within the project limits. Streets in this project are Miracle Mile, Glendale Avenue and Landsdowne Avenue. New pavement has been completed on Lansdowne and construction now focusing on Glendale and Miracle Mile. Work zones will be required so please be aware that construction traffic will be entering and exiting the work zones. Local traffic will be maintained. The contractor for this project is A & B Asphalt Corporation with an anticipated completion date of November 10, 2017.
Funded by the City.
CLA – N. Murray / Mount Vernon, PID 99555
This work consists of installing 4″ concrete walk on N. Murray Street / Mount Vernon Avenue. ODOT will be funding 80% of the project. This was awarded to A & B Asphalt Corporation on August 1, 2017.
Funded in part by ODOT.
Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining, Phase I
This project consists of installing various sizes of sanitary sewer lining at the following locations – E. Pleasant Street (between Limestone St. and Vine St.) – includes 8 manhole castings removed and replaced, 13 manholes lined and 31 laterals and Vine Street (439 Vine St. to Monroe St.) – 21 laterals and 12 manholes lined. It will also include meandering through Easements (Gallagher Street, Vine Street, E. Pleasant Street and Linden Avenue) – includes 8 manhole castings removed and replaced, 17 manholes lined and 8 laterals. The project was awarded to Layne Inliner, LLC.