Municipal Services

Municipal services or city services refer to basic services that residents of a city expect the city government to provide.  The City of Springfield is committed to the effective delivery of municipal services for the safety and convenience of its residents and businesses.

Frequently Asked
Who is responsible for maintaining the sidewalk, curb, and gutter around my property? - The property owner is responsible. Per Chapter 903.11 of the Codified Ordinances, every owner of any lot or parcel of land in the City shall keep the sidewalks, curbing, gutters, and driveways in the public right of way in front of and abutting upon such lot or parcel of land constantly in good repair and free from nuisances.
Where do I inquire about graffiti removal? - Contact the Code Enforcement Division at (937) 324-7385.
Where do you make a complaint regarding debris on the street? - Contact the Code Enforcement Division at (937) 324-7385.
Does the City have a tree-planting program? - Yes. The Memorial Tree Fund was established to help plant trees in the City right-of-ways. A citizen may purchase a tree for $110.00 and this amount is either matched or exceeded by the Fund to purchase the tree of choice. The tree is planted and maintained for 3 years. The tree may be purchased in memory of someone in particular or just to help increase our green space. For more information regarding the tree-planting program, call the City Service Center at (937) 525-5800.
What department handles public trees? - The City's Forestry Division maintains all right-of-way and boulevard trees. Private trees are the responsibility of the homeowner. Any tree work that is done by a private contractor should be done by a licensed tree worker. A listing of licensed tree workers is available in the Forestry Division Office located at the City Service Center. They may be contacted by phone at (937) 525-5800.
See More

Sign Up for City News & Info

Share This