What if I work in another city? Will my credit change for 2017?

No, the credit for tax paid to other cities remains the same. You will still receive credit for one half of the tax correctly paid to the other city, with a maximum of 1%. So, if you work in a city with a tax rate of less than 2%, you will receive credit for one half of what you paid to that city. If the other city has a tax rate of 2% or more, you will receive a credit of 1%. For income earned through June 30, 2017, you will owe the difference up to 2% to Springfield, For income earned July 1, 2017, you will owe the difference up to 2.4% to Springfield.

Who is required to file Springfield income tax returns?

All residents of Springfield that are 18 or older are required to file a return each year. If you became 18 years of age during the year, you must file a pay on the amount of wages you earned after your 18th birthday. All non-residents are required to file if they performed work or services within the city and had earnings which were not withheld upon. Additionally, each business located or performing services within the city is required to file. Returns are required with no regard for the amount of income received or losses incurred.