Upcoming Road Projects

2017 Sidewalk, Curb and Gutter Program

The yearly sidewalk program has been awarded to Sterling Quality Concrete.  Notification letters have been sent  notifying the property owners that need to have work done. The streets that work will be done on are East Street (High St. to Rice St.), Balsam Drive (Home Rd. to Carousel Dr.) and Center Street (Pleasant St. to North St.) Sterling Quality Concrete will be the contractor for this project.

CLA – Bechtle Signals, PID 98859

The CLA – Bechtle Signals project consists of replacing signal controllers and equipment, adding video cameras and spread spectrum radios and a signal being reconstructed. This  project is located on Bechtle Avenue at the intersection of SR41 (Troy Road). This project was awarded to Bansal Construction on June 6, 2017.

Funded by ODOT.

Ramp Expansion (Airport)

This project consists of adding a 244′ x 190′ asphalt apron at the maintenance and service operation facilities of Spectra Jet at the Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport.

Funded by ODOT JCED Funds and Airport Funds.

CLA – East Street Recon, PID 94806

This project consists of reconstructing East Street, from High Street to Grand Avenue. ODOT will be funding 80%, with OPWC funding the remaining 20%. This project was awarded to The Shelly Company on July 5, 2017.

Funded by ODOT and OPWC.

S. Limestone Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter

Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter repair will be required of the property owners on South Limestone Street from Miller Road to Leffel Lane. Notification letters have been sent  notifying the property owners that need to have work done. This was awarded to Performance Site Development on June 6, 2017.

2017 OPWC Paving Project

This project consists of pavement repair, planing, pulverizing and resurfacing of certain areas of Balsam Drive, Center Street and East Street. Also will include curb repair and sidewalk installation. This project was awarded to The Shelly Company on July 18, 2017.

Funded by OPWC and the City.

2017 PI Paving Project

This work consists of pavement repair, planing, pulverization and resurfacing various roadways. It will also include curb ramp and sidewalk installation within the project limits. Streets in this project are Miracle Mile, Glendale Avenue and Lansdowne Avenue. The contractor for this project will be A & B Asphalt Corporation.

Funded by the City.

CLA – N. Murray / Mount Vernon, PID 99555

This work consists of installing 4″ concrete walk on N. Murray Street / Mount Vernon Avenue.  ODOT will be funding 80%  of the project. Bids were opened on July 21, 2017 and A & B Asphalt Corporation is the apparent low bidder.

Funded in part by ODOT.


CLA – Trail Maintenance, PID 99562 – This project consists of trail maintenance items such as: signs, pavement markings, pavement repair and fence repair. Monies can only be spent on trails that are on City property or in dedicated right-of-way. ODOT will be funding 80%, with the City funding the remaining 20%. Bid opening was held on June 9, 2017 – but will not be awarded at this time due to all bidders being over the Engineer’s estimate.

Share This