- EXTENDED LAST DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION: 04/13/2018 *By 5:00 PM
- PLACE FOR FILING APPLICATION: City Hall – Personnel Dept. 3rd Floor, 76 E. High St., Springfield OH 45502 *Submit original application, no faxed or emailed documents are accepted. All applications that are mailed must be postmarked by the deadline in order to be considered.
- DATE, TIME & PLACE OF WRITTEN EXAMINATION: TO BE ANNOUNCED – Applicants will receive an exam notice *If you provide an email address on your application your exam notice will be emailed. Please note that a basic calculator will be allowed for this civil service exam
- PAY RANGE: $18.86 – $24.45 per hour
- EXAMINATION CUT-OFF SCORE: 70%
This position involves responsibility for operating, monitoring, sampling, and control of the wastewater treatment plant and associated equipment on an assigned shift. Work includes responsibility for adjusting treatment processes to ensure conformance with applicable water quality standards, participating in the maintenance of equipment and facilities, and preparing operating records and reports. Personnel assigned as relief operators may be assigned to perform plant maintenance duties when not assigned to operations.
Applicants must possess a high school education or equivalent and must obtain an Ohio EPA Class II Wastewater Treatment Operator’s Certificate within three (3) years of appointment. Relief Operators are also required to possess a Class B CDL with tanker and air brake endorsements. Requires the ability to perform the mechanical operations of plant equipment, ability to keep records and prepare reports.
CREDIT FOR MILITARY SERVICE: Applicants who have been honorably discharged from active duty in the armed forces of the United States are eligible to receive an additional percentage of their cumulative passing score. Proof (i.e., a copy of the Honorable Discharge certificate, or the DD-214 specifying an honorable discharge) must be submitted with the application. NO CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN IF PROOF IS SUBMITTED AFTER THE FILING DEADLINE.