- LAST DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION: 08/25/2017 *Before 5:00 PM
- PLACE FOR FILING APPLICATION: CITY HALL – Personnel Dept 3rd Floor, 76 E. High St., Springfield, Ohio 45502 *Submit original application, no faxed or emailed documents are accepted.
- DATE, TIME & PLACE OF WRITTEN EXAMINATION: TO BE ANNOUNCED – Applicants will be sent an exam notice *If you provide an email address on your application your exam notice will be emailed. Please note that a basic calculator will be allowed for this civil service exam.
- PAY RANGE: $18.31 – $23.74 per hour
- EXAMINATION CUT-OFF SCORE: 70%
This is skilled technical work involved in the operating, monitoring, sampling, and control of a water treatment plant and associated equipment. Work includes responsibility for adjusting treatment processes to ensure conformance with applicable water quality standards, participating in the maintenance of equipment and facilities, and preparing operating records and reports. The current vacancy is for a relief operator, who will be assigned primarily to maintenance assignments, but will function as a Treatment Plant Operator to cover for staffing shortages due to absences, vacations, or emergency situations.
This position requires graduation from high school or equivalent, and experience in treatment plant maintenance and operation; considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, plant functions, and methods related to the operation of the plant, and the ability to perform standard arithmetic calculations, or the equivalent in training and experience.
Possession of a Class I OEPA water supply certificate, or the ability to obtain such certification within three years of appointment is a requirement of this position. This position also requires possession of a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain certification of all chemical analysis required by the OEPA for plant operations.
CREDIT FOR MILITARY SERVICE: Applicants who have been honorably discharged from active duty in the armed forces of the United States are eligible to receive an additional percentage of their cumulative passing score. Proof (i.e., a copy of the Honorable Discharge certificate, or the DD-214 specifying an honorable discharge) must be submitted with the application. NO CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN IF PROOF IS SUBMITTED AFTER THE FILING DEADLINE.