The Engineering Department provides planning services that preserve the health, safety, and welfare of the community through the application of plans, codes, and ordinances for the City’s best uses of resources and development.
HARDING ROAD – one way traffic begins
Beginning April 15th, Harding Road will begin one way traffic, westbound, for the remainder of the project.
Anticipated completion: July 26, 2019
Bid Tabulations / Awards
Recommended Award Information
- Mill Run Sewer Cleaning & Inspection Services
- 2019 PI Paving
- Demolition of Condemned Structures
- Demolition and Site Preparation for the Downtown Springfield Townhome Development
- Sub Station Circuit Breakers
- Asphalt Court Repair
- Purchase of Dump Body
- Weed Cutting and Lot Clearing
- Sodium Hexametaphosphate
- Lagonda Ave. and James St. Combined Sewer Replacement
- 2019 Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter
- 2019 Miscellaneous Water Service Replacement
- E. Harding Road Reconstruction
- CLA - Belmont Ave., Ph 2 - CLEARING, PID 94814
- CLA - Bechtle-0.57, PID 99563
- 2018 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining
- Snyder Park Paving - Phase II
- 2018 PI Paving
- CLA - US 40-16.82, PID 103791 - REBID
- 2018 Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- CLA - Middle Urbana Rehab, PID 94768
- Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining, Phase 2
- 2017 Miscellaneous Sewer Replacement
- Buck Creek Trail Realignment
- CLA - US40-16.82, PID 103791
- CLA - Trail Maintenance, PID 99562 - REBID
- Buck Creek Interceptor Sewer Inspection - REBID - No Bidders
- 2017 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining
- 2017 Miscellaneous Water Replacement
- Buck Creek Interceptor Sewer Inspection - No Bidders
- Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining, Phase I
- CLA - N. Murray / Mount Vernon, PID 99555
- 2017 PI Paving
- 2017 OPWC Paving
- CLA - East Street Reconstruction, PID 94806
- Ramp Expansion
- CLA - Trail Maintenance, PID 99562
- South Limestone Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter- REBID
- CLA - Bechtle Signals, PID 98859 - REBID
- S Limestone Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- 2017 Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- CLA - Bechtle Signals, PID 98859
- CLA - Villa Road, PID 89421
- CSO Backwater Valve Project
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport - Final Denial Barriers at the Entry Control Point
- Construct New Hangars and Taxilanes Springfield Beckley Municipal Airport - REBID
- CLA - Lowry Bridge, PID 96375
- 2016 Miscellaneous Water & Sewer Replacement
- 2016 PI Paving
- CLA - Burnett Rd. Reconstruction, PID 94795
- Erie Interceptor Express Sewer
- 2016 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Linings
- Airport New Hangars and Taxilane
- Airport - Crack Repair Taxiway B & Rehab Taxiway F
Curb, Gutter & Sidewalk Specifications
Click here to view specifications.
Construction Specifications and Standard Drawings
Click here to download complete book.
- WM-1 (REV 2019)
Street Report for the Week of April 15, 2019
Beginning Monday, April 15, traffic will be one way, westbound. This will be in effect for the remained of the project.
Anticipated completion date is July 26, 2019
Bechtle Avenue (over Snyder Park Road):
Traffic will be restricted to one lane in each direction on Bechtle Avenue from Keifer Avenue to Perry Street. A detour will be posted for closure of Snyder Park Road under Bechtle Bridge.
Anticipated Completion Date: August 30, 2019
Columbia Gas Work Areas:
Linden Avenue Neighborhood – near Southern, Rice, Rose & Tibbetts (restoration of sidewalk/streets)
Fountain / S. Center Neighborhood (restoration of sidewalk/streets)
Miracle Mile Neighborhood – East Mile, West Mile, Winding Trail, Shadeland & Timberline – gaslines
Broadway Neighborhood – west of Snyder St. – gas line installation
Sterling Quality Concrete Work Areas:
Seever and W. Main
Hillside and Runyan
Additional Road Closures (county projects) Clark County Road Closures
Please Note: Public Right of Way Application can be submitted the following ways:
- Download, print and complete the application. Turn in the completed application, with all required documentation , in person, Engineering Department, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 76 E. High Street, Springfield, OH 45502.
- Download, print and complete the application. Return to the Engineering Department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the City of Springfield, Engineering Department, 76 E. High Street, Springfield, OH 45502.
- Download ‘fillable’ PDF form to your desktop and complete. Then, using the ‘Submit’ button, return electronically.
After the application has been received, you will be notified of revisions or amount of payment.
Affirmative Action Program
- MBE/DBE Certification Packet
- MBE/DBE Recertification Packet
- Affirmative Action Program Application
- Affirmative Action Program Renewal Application
Projects Under Construction
2019 Miscellaneous Water Service Replacement
This project involves the replacement of approximately 135 water services and the installation of approximately 69 water meters and boxes, at various locations within the City Limits. This project was awarded to J & J Schlaegle, Inc. in the amount of $455,890.00.
Work will be maintained where space allows, closures will be posted for one block at a time and during working hours only. Work is scheduled to be completed by June 7, 2019.
Funded by City Water
East Harding Road Reconstruction
This project involves the reconstruction of E. Harding Road from N. Limestone St. to N. Fountain Ave. Work includes drainage improvements, sanitary and water upgrades, and replacement of existing curb and drive approaches. This project was awarded to J & J Schlaegel, Inc. in the amount of $568,852.52.
Beginning April 15, 2019, Harding Road will begin one way traffic, westbound, for the remainder of the project. Detour shall be posted. Work is scheduled to be completed by July 26, 2019.
Please be aware of construction traffic as it enters and exits the work zone.
Funded by OPWC and City.
2019 PI Paving
This project consists of pavement repair, planing, pulverization and resurfacing of various roadways within the City limits, including curb ramp and sidewalk installation within the project limits. Also, 215 feet of sanitary will be installed on Kenwood Avenue. This project was awarded to A & B Asphalt in the amount of $2,062,024.09
The following street will be involved with this years program:
Cliff Park Drive – N. Fountain Ave. to N. Plum St.
Kenwood Avenue – Selma Road to S. Belmont Ave.
Nagley Street – Sunset Ave. to Kenwood Ave.
Rutland Avenue – Nagley St. to S. Belmont Ave.
Fulton Avenue – Nagley St. to S. Belmont Ave.
W. Perrin Avenue – S. Plum St. to W. Wittenberg Ave.
Springmont Avenue – Oakleaf Ave. to Driscoll Ave.
El Camino Drive – Santa Monica Ave. to Vester Ave.
Vester Avenue – El Camino Dr. to Derr Rd.
Olympic Street – Home Rd. to Apollo Ave.
Funded by the City.
CLA – Middle Urbana Rehab, PID 94768
This project involves the widening, partial full depth reclamation and overlay of Middle Urbana Road from an existing two lane highway with shared two way left turn lane. Work includes pavement widening, minor drainage improvements, sanitary and water upgrades and ditch grading along Middle Urbana Road, between Villa Road and S.R. 334. This project was awarded to J & J Schlaegel, Inc. in the amount of $1,394,613.15.
Roadway is open to two way traffic. Unfortunately, the project will not be completed this year. The contractor shall be working throughout the winter, as weather will allow and the final course of asphalt will be placed in the spring.
Please be aware that work zones shall be in place at various locations along the project as the contractor works on different items.
Funded by ODOT, OPWC, City Water & City Sewer.
CLA – Bechtle – 0.57, PID 99563
This project consists of bridge rehabilitation on Bechtle Avenue over Snyder Park Road and Lagoons by replacing the superstructure with minimal approach work. Bid was awarded to Eagle Bridge Company with a bid amount of $1,409,565.61. Two-way traffic shall be maintained with on lane of travel in each direction. Please be aware of traffic lane shifts and exercise caution as construction traffic may be entering and exiting the work zone. Scheduled completion date is 8/30/18.
Funding provided by ODOT and OPWC.