2016 Misc Sanitary Sewer Lining is underway
Making progress on the Little Miami Trail Extension project
2015 OPWC Paving - ready for final pavement markings
The Engineering Department provides planning services that preserve the health, safety, and welfare of the community through the application of plans, codes, and ordinances for the City’s best uses of resources and development.
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport - Final Denial Barriers at the Entry Control Point
- Construct New Hangars and Taxilanes Springfield Beckley Municipal Airport - REBID
- CLA - Lowry Bridge, PID 96375
- 2016 Miscellaneous Water & Sewer Replacement
- 2016 PI Paving
- CLA - Burnett Rd. Reconstruction, PID 94795
- Erie Interceptor Express Sewer
- 2016 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining
- Airport New Hangars and Taxilane
- Airport - Crack Repair Taxiway B & Rehab Taxiway F BID TAB
Curb, Gutter & Sidewalk Specifications
Click here to view specifications.
Construction Specifications and Standard Drawings
Click here to download complete book (2.2 MB).
Projects Under Construction
CLA – BURNETT ROAD RECONSTRUCTION, PID 94795
This project consists of shaving and paving the roadway plus miscellaneous base repair and making ADA intersection improvements on Burnett Road, from Columbus Avenue to High Street. Crews will be starting work on Monday July 25, 2016. They will be starting with completion of new ADA Compliant curb ramps and sidewalks at all of the intersections along the construction zone. Traffic disruption will be minimal, but please be aware of any construction equipment entering or leaving the site.
Funded by ODOT and OPWC.
CLA – LOWRY BRIDGE, PID96375
This project consists of the rehabilitation of the Lowry Bridge over the Little Miami Trail with minimal bridge approach work. R. B Jergens will be the contractors for this job and will be starting August 1, 2016. Detour routes will be posted, as this street will be closed during construction for approximately 120 days.
Funded by ODOT and OPWC.
2016 MISCELLANEOUS SANITARY SEWER LINING PROJECT
Inland Water Pollution Control has started the process of lining sewers at selected locations. Crews have completed cleaning sewers in preparation for the lining crews to start placing liners the week of July 25th. “No Parking” may be placed at different locations as they move through town to allow for equipment and materials access to the sewer mains.
Funding from the sewer division.
CLA – LITTLE MIAMI TRAIL EXTENSION, PID# 82314
The contractor will be finishing up concrete work at various intersections in preparation for the final asphalt paving. Crews are also finish grading along the path to prepare for seeding and mulching, signage, finish asphalt and pavement markings. Contractor also has crews updating bike crossing at W. Leffel and S. Yellow Springs to add pedestrian crossing signals. As crews start working around the road crossings, please keep an eye open for construction equipment entering and leaving the site.
Funding for this project was provided by ODOT and ODNR, no City funds were involved.
2015 OPWC PAVING
This project is now completed!!!!
- Erie Interceptor Express Sewer – Major improvement to wastewater collection system. Its primary purpose is to transport sanitary flows from the northwestern part of the city directly to the Wastewater Treatment Plant in order to prevent sewage from bypassing treatment during rain events. Included in this project is the rehabilitation of a portion of the existing High Level Interceptor sewer, which was constructed over 100 years ago. Construction to begin soon!
- 2016 PI Paving – This project consists of pulverizing, pavement repair, planing, and curb ramp installation at various location within the City limits. Streets to include McKinley Avenue and Lexington Avenue. The alternate bid covers Lowry Avenue. The Shelly Company will be the contractor for this project.
- 2016 Miscellaneous Water and Sewer Replacement – This project will replace the water and sanitary sewer line on Grand Avenue, between East Street and Tibbetts Avenue. In addition, the roadway will be resurfaced. Also, the sanitary sewer line on Willard Avenue, north of Sheridan Avenue, will be replaced. The contractor for this project will be J & J Schlaegel, Inc. The funding will be coming from City Water and City Sewer funds.
- Springfield Beckley Municipal Airport – Construct New Hangars & Taxilanes – Funding from State of Ohio and Port of Authority. Arcon Builders, LTD will be the contractor on this job.
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport – Final Denial Barriers @ the Entry Control Point – Funding from the Guard. The contractor for this will be Calvary Contracting,
For the Week of July 25, 2016
Yellow Springs Street:
On S. Yellow Springs Street, between W. Leffel Lane and W. John Street, construction is ongoing for the extension of the Little Miami Trail. Dump trucks and construction equipment will be in the area.
Anticipated Completion Date: August 5, 2016
Sidewalk and Columbia Gas Work Locations:
Limestone Street – north of McCreight (A & B)
Ridgewood Neighborhood (Fishel)
Fountain Avenue – (Fishel)
Light Street – north of Columbia (Fishel)
Intersection of Mulberry & Center – (Fishel)
Anticipated Completion Date: July 29, 2016
Affirmative Action Program
- MBE/DBE Certification Packet
- MBE/DBE Recertification Packet
- Affirmative Action Program Application
- Affirmative Action Program Renewal Application
Part 9 - Streets, Utilities, and Public Services Code
Title One - Streets and Sidewalk Areas
- Chapter 901. Improvements and Excavations (4-28-15)
- Chapter 902. Right-of-Way Use Management
- Chapter 903. Sidewalks, Curbs and Gutters
- Chapter 905. Vacation or Narrowing of Streets (4-28-15)
- Chapter 907. Trees
- Chapter 909. Weeds (6-25-13)
- Chapter 910. Building Numbering
Title Three - Municipal Utilities
- Chapter 911. Water Rates and Regulations (4-12-16)
- Chapter 913. Cross Connection Control and Water Quality Protection (9-25-12)
- Chapter 915. Sewer Connections (4-12-16)
- Chapter 916. Use of Public Sewers (03-31-15)
- Chapter 917. Sewerage Charges (12-22-15)
- Chapter 918. Stormwater Utility Charges (12-22-15)
- Chapter 919. Sanitary Services (3-29-16)
- Chapter 921. Private Solid Waste Collectors
- Chapter 922. Residential Solid Waste Collectors
- Chapter 923. Demolition Dumps
- Chapter 925. Collection and Disposal of Storm Waters
- Chapter 927. Utilities Serving New Condominium Developments
- Chapter 929. Wellhead and Well Field Protection Regulations
Title Four - Engineering Regulations
Title Five - Other Public Services
Title Six - Stormwater Regulations