Pouring Concrete for Curb Ramps for the Burnett Road Reconstruction
Little Miami Trail Extension
Lowry Bridge deck coming down
2016 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining in progress
2016 Miscellaneous Water and Sewer Replacement is underway
The Engineering Department provides planning services that preserve the health, safety, and welfare of the community through the application of plans, codes, and ordinances for the City’s best uses of resources and development.
- CSO Backwater Valve Project
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport - Final Denial Barriers at the Entry Control Point
- Construct New Hangars and Taxilanes Springfield Beckley Municipal Airport - REBID
- CLA - Lowry Bridge, PID 96375
- 2016 Miscellaneous Water & Sewer Replacement
- 2016 PI Paving
- CLA - Burnett Rd. Reconstruction, PID 94795
- Erie Interceptor Express Sewer
- 2016 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining
- Airport New Hangars and Taxilane
- Airport - Crack Repair Taxiway B & Rehab Taxiway F BID TAB
Curb, Gutter & Sidewalk Specifications
Click here to view specifications.
Construction Specifications and Standard Drawings
Click here to download complete book (2.2 MB).
Project Award Information
For the Week of September 19, 2016
Willard Avenue, north of Sheridan Avenue is closed to thru traffic. This is necessary for the replacement of the sanitary sewer line.
Anticipated Completion Date: November 10, 2016
Construction has begun on Lowry Bridge. A detour is posted on Lowry Avenue for both the bridge and the bike tail. The bridge will be closed to traffic for 120 days.
Anticipated Completion Date: November 11, 2016
Sidewalk and Columbia Gas Work Locations:
Burnett Ave. – between Main and High (Sterling)
First & Second Street – between Limestone and Fountain (A & B)
Fountain Avenue – (Fishel)
Intersection of Clark and Center – (Fishel)
Intersection of McCreight Avenue and Fountain Ave. – (NPL)
Light Street – north of Columbia (Fishel)
Limestone Street – north of McCreight (A & B)
McCreight Ave. – between Limestone and Fountain (A & B)
McCreight Ave. – between Fountain and Woodlawn (A & B)
Ridgewood Neighborhood (Fishel)
Anticipated Completion Date: September 23, 2016
Additional Road Closures (county projects) Clark County Road Closures
Affirmative Action Program
- MBE/DBE Certification Packet
- MBE/DBE Recertification Packet
- Affirmative Action Program Application
- Affirmative Action Program Renewal Application
Projects Under Construction
2016 Miscellaneous Water and Sewer Replacement
Crews will replace the water and sanitary sewer line on Grand Avenue, between East Street and Tibbetts Avenue. In addition, the roadway will be resurfaced. Also, the sanitary sewer line on Willard Avenue, north of Sheridan Avenue will be replaced. Contractors crews are currently on Willard. The contractor for this project is J & J Schlaegel, Inc. Roads will be closed except to local traffic.
Funded by City Water and City Sewer funds.
CLA – LOWRY BRIDGE, PID96375
This project consists of the rehabilitation of the Lowry Bridge over the Little Miami Trail with minimal bridge approach work. R. B Jergens is the contractor for this job, which started on August 1, 2016. The contractor is on site and currently working on removing the existing bridge deck and deteriorated abutment and wingwalls. Detour routes are posted for the road and the Little Miami Trail Bikeway, as this street will be closed approximately 120 days during construction.
Funded by ODOT and OPWC.
CLA – BURNETT ROAD RECONSTRUCTION, PID 94795
This project consists of shaving and paving the roadway plus miscellaneous base repair and making ADA intersection improvements on Burnett Road, from Columbus Avenue to High Street. Crews started work on Monday July 25, 2016. They have begun constructing new ADA Compliant curb ramps and sidewalks at all of the intersections along the construction zone. Traffic disruption will be minimal, but please be aware of any construction equipment entering or leaving the site.
Funded by ODOT and OPWC.
2016 MISCELLANEOUS SANITARY SEWER LINING PROJECT
Inland Water Pollution Control is continuing the process of lining sewers at selected locations. Crews have completed cleaning sewers and have begun liners. Over the next few weeks, “No Parking” may be placed at different locations as they move through town to allow for equipment and materials access to the sewer mains.
Funding from the sewer division.
CLA – LITTLE MIAMI TRAIL EXTENSION, PID# 82314
Little Miami Trail is open!
Funding for this project was provided by ODOT and ODNR, no City funds were involved.
CSO Backwater Valve Project
This project consists of placing flexible backwater flow control valves at various locations along Buck Creek to control the flow of water from the stream into the City’s sewer system during times of high flow in the stream. Locations for this project are at sewer outfalls near Water Street. This project shall begin later this summer/early fall. The J & J Schlaegel Company from Urbana will be the contractor for this project.
Erie Interceptor Express Sewer
This project is a major improvement to the wastewater collection system. Its primary purpose is to transport sanitary flows from the northwestern part of the city directly to the Wastewater Treatment Plant in order to prevent sewage from bypassing treatment during rain events. Included in the project is the rehabilitation of a portion of the existing High Level Interceptor sewer, which was constructed over 100 years ago. Kokosing Industrial will be the contractor and construction is to begin soon!
- 2016 PI Paving – This project consists of pulverizing, pavement repair, planing, and curb ramp installation at various location within the City limits. Streets to include McKinley Avenue and Lexington Avenue. The alternate bid covers Lowry Avenue. The Shelly Company will be the contractor for this project.
- Springfield Beckley Municipal Airport – Construct New Hangars & Taxilanes – Funding from State of Ohio and Port of Authority. Arcon Builders, LTD will be the contractor on this job.
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport – Final Denial Barriers @ the Entry Control Point – Funding from the Guard. The contractor for this will be Calvary Contracting,
Part 9 - Streets, Utilities, and Public Services Code
Title One - Streets and Sidewalk Areas
- Chapter 901. Improvements and Excavations (4-28-15)
- Chapter 902. Right-of-Way Use Management
- Chapter 903. Sidewalks, Curbs and Gutters
- Chapter 905. Vacation or Narrowing of Streets (4-28-15)
- Chapter 907. Trees
- Chapter 909. Weeds (6-25-13)
- Chapter 910. Building Numbering
Title Three - Municipal Utilities
- Chapter 911. Water Rates and Regulations (9-13-16)
- Chapter 913. Cross Connection Control and Water Quality Protection (9-25-12)
- Chapter 915. Sewer Connections (4-12-16)
- Chapter 916. Use of Public Sewers (03-31-15)
- Chapter 917. Sewerage Charges (12-22-15)
- Chapter 918. Stormwater Utility Charges (12-22-15)
- Chapter 919. Sanitary Services (3-29-16)
- Chapter 921. Private Solid Waste Collectors
- Chapter 922. Residential Solid Waste Collectors
- Chapter 923. Demolition Dumps
- Chapter 925. Collection and Disposal of Storm Waters
- Chapter 927. Utilities Serving New Condominium Developments
- Chapter 929. Wellhead and Well Field Protection Regulations (9-13-16)
Title Four - Engineering Regulations
Title Five - Other Public Services
Title Six - Stormwater Regulations