The Engineering Department provides planning services that preserve the health, safety, and welfare of the community through the application of plans, codes, and ordinances for the City’s best uses of resources and development.
ODOT Traffic Advisory – IR70
On Thursday, June 20, 2019, beginning at 7:00 pm, there will be 15 minute complete lane shut downs on northbound and southbound SR72. This is necessary so that beams can be set on a portion of the new IR70 bridge over SR72. Anticipated completion is Friday, June 21, 2019 – 6:00 am
E HARDING ROAD – Closure June 3 – July 26, 2019 to Eastbound Traffic
On Monday, June 3, 2019, E Harding Road between N Fountain Avenue and N Limestone Street will be closed to eastbound traffic. A detour will be posted utilizing N Fountain Avenue to McCreight Avenue to N. Limestone Street. Westbound traffic will be maintained throughout the duration of the project. Anticipated completion is July 26th.
Bid Tabulations / Awards
Recommended Award Information
- CLA - N. Belmont Avenue Reconstruction, Phase 2, PID 94814 - REBID
- Northern Heights Water and Sewer Improvements
- CLA - N. Belmont Avenue Reconstruction, Phase 2, PID 94814
- Mill Run Sewer Cleaning & Inspection Services
- 2019 PI Paving
- Demolition of Condemned Structures
- Demolition and Site Preparation for the Downtown Springfield Townhome Development
- Sub Station Circuit Breakers
- Asphalt Court Repair
- Purchase of Dump Body
- Weed Cutting and Lot Clearing
- Sodium Hexametaphosphate
- Lagonda Ave. and James St. Combined Sewer Replacement
- 2019 Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter
- 2019 Miscellaneous Water Service Replacement
- E. Harding Road Reconstruction
- CLA - Belmont Ave., Ph 2 - CLEARING, PID 94814
- CLA - Bechtle-0.57, PID 99563
- 2018 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining
- Snyder Park Paving - Phase II
- 2018 PI Paving
- CLA - US 40-16.82, PID 103791 - REBID
- 2018 Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- CLA - Middle Urbana Rehab, PID 94768
- Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining, Phase 2
- 2017 Miscellaneous Sewer Replacement
- Buck Creek Trail Realignment
- CLA - US40-16.82, PID 103791
- CLA - Trail Maintenance, PID 99562 - REBID
- Buck Creek Interceptor Sewer Inspection - REBID - No Bidders
- 2017 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining
- 2017 Miscellaneous Water Replacement
- Buck Creek Interceptor Sewer Inspection - No Bidders
- Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining, Phase I
- CLA - N. Murray / Mount Vernon, PID 99555
- 2017 PI Paving
- 2017 OPWC Paving
- CLA - East Street Reconstruction, PID 94806
- Ramp Expansion
- CLA - Trail Maintenance, PID 99562
- South Limestone Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter- REBID
- CLA - Bechtle Signals, PID 98859 - REBID
- S Limestone Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- 2017 Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- CLA - Bechtle Signals, PID 98859
- CLA - Villa Road, PID 89421
- CSO Backwater Valve Project
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport - Final Denial Barriers at the Entry Control Point
- Construct New Hangars and Taxilanes Springfield Beckley Municipal Airport - REBID
- CLA - Lowry Bridge, PID 96375
- 2016 Miscellaneous Water & Sewer Replacement
- 2016 PI Paving
- CLA - Burnett Rd. Reconstruction, PID 94795
- Erie Interceptor Express Sewer
- 2016 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Linings
- Airport New Hangars and Taxilane
- Airport - Crack Repair Taxiway B & Rehab Taxiway F
Curb, Gutter & Sidewalk Specifications
Click here to view specifications.
Construction Specifications and Standard Drawings
Click here to download complete book.
- WM-1 (REV 2019)
Street Report for the Week of May 20, 2019
On Monday, May 20, 2019, W. First Street will be closed at the railroad tracks west of Universal Drive for an emergency rail repair. This closure will in effect beginning at 7am and will be closed till late evening.
Road will be reopened on Tuesday, May 21, 2019.
On Thursday, May 23, 2019, N. Bechtle Avenue will be closed south of the railroad tracks near Perry Street for an emergency rail repair. A detour utilizing US 68 will be posted.
Road will be reopened on Friday, May 24, 2019.
Traffic will be one way, westbound. This will be in effect for the remainder of the project.
Anticipated completion date is July 26, 2019
Bechtle Avenue (over Snyder Park Road):
Traffic will be restricted to one lane in each direction on Bechtle Avenue from Keifer Avenue to Perry Street. A detour will be posted for closure of Snyder Park Road under Bechtle Bridge.
Anticipated Completion Date: August 30, 2019
Columbia Gas Work Areas:
- Broadway Neighborhood – west of Snyder
- North and South of Selma Road – East of Limestone and Spring
- S. Fountain Neighborhood – west of Limestone (restoration)
- Linden Avenue Neighborhood – (restoration)
Sterling Quality Concrete Work Areas:
- Marinette Drive at Mumma Court
- El Camino Drive
- Vester Avenue
- Olympic Street
Additional Road Closures (county projects) Clark County Road Closures
Please Note: Public Right of Way Application can be submitted the following ways:
- Download, print and complete the application. Turn in the completed application, with all required documentation , in person, Engineering Department, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 76 E. High Street, Springfield, OH 45502.
- Download, print and complete the application. Return to the Engineering Department by email to email@example.com or by mail to the City of Springfield, Engineering Department, 76 E. High Street, Springfield, OH 45502.
- Download ‘fillable’ PDF form to your desktop and complete. Then, using the ‘Submit’ button, return electronically.
After the application has been received, you will be notified of revisions or amount of payment.
Affirmative Action Program
- MBE/DBE Certification Packet
- MBE/DBE Recertification Packet
- Affirmative Action Program Application
- Affirmative Action Program Renewal Application
Projects Under Construction
East Harding Road Reconstruction
This project involves the reconstruction of E. Harding Road from N. Limestone St. to N. Fountain Ave. Work includes drainage improvements, sanitary and water upgrades, and replacement of existing curb and drive approaches. This project was awarded to J & J Schlaegel, Inc. in the amount of $568,852.52.
Beginning April 15, 2019, Harding Road will begin one way traffic, westbound, for the remainder of the project. Detour shall be posted. Work is scheduled to be completed by July 26, 2019.
Please be aware of construction traffic as it enters and exits the work zone.
Funded by OPWC and City.
2019 PI Paving
This project consists of pavement repair, planing, pulverization and resurfacing of various roadways within the City limits, including curb ramp and sidewalk installation within the project limits. Also, 215 feet of sanitary will be installed on Kenwood Avenue. This project was awarded to A & B Asphalt in the amount of $2,062,024.09
The following street will be involved with this years program:
Cliff Park Drive – N. Fountain Ave. to N. Plum St.
Kenwood Avenue – Selma Road to S. Belmont Ave.
Nagley Street – Sunset Ave. to Kenwood Ave.
Rutland Avenue – Nagley St. to S. Belmont Ave.
Fulton Avenue – Nagley St. to S. Belmont Ave.
W. Perrin Avenue – S. Plum St. to W. Wittenberg Ave.
Springmont Avenue – Oakleaf Ave. to Driscoll Ave.
El Camino Drive – Santa Monica Ave. to Vester Ave.
Vester Avenue – El Camino Dr. to Derr Rd.
Olympic Street – Home Rd. to Apollo Ave.
Funded by the City.
CLA – Bechtle – 0.57, PID 99563
This project consists of bridge rehabilitation on Bechtle Avenue over Snyder Park Road and Lagoons by replacing the superstructure with minimal approach work. Bid was awarded to Eagle Bridge Company with a bid amount of $1,409,565.61. Two-way traffic shall be maintained with on lane of travel in each direction. Please be aware of traffic lane shifts and exercise caution as construction traffic may be entering and exiting the work zone. Scheduled completion date is 8/30/18.
Funding provided by ODOT and OPWC.
CLA – N. Belmont Avenue Reconstruction, Phase 2, PID 94814 – The proposed work consists of the reconstruction of approximately 3,727′ of existing two lane roadway and overlay of approximately 350’ of roadway, drainage improvements, waterline lowering and approximately 80 Lin. Ft of sanitary sewer extension on N. Belmont Avenue between Mitchell Boulevard and Oakdale Road. Bid opening was held on Friday, May 3, 2019. The bid was opened on June 7, 2019 and will be awarded to J & J Schlaegel at the July 2nd commission meeting.
Northern Heights Water and Sewer Improvement Project -The proposed work consists of installation of approximately 1,346 Lin. Ft. of sanitary sewer, replacement of approximately 1,730 Lin. Ft. of 6″ waterline and 19 water services, installation of 24″ x 38″ elliptical sewer pipe and junction chamber installation. Locations are: N. Murray Street (Madison Avenue to 300′ North), Olive Street (Stanton to Cassilly), Olive Street (1088 Olive to Northern Avenue), Cecil Street (Mason to Elm), Terrace Drive (Madison Avenue to 300′ North), Glenmore Drive, Elm Street (Cassilly to Madison), Olive Street (Northern to McCreight) and Olive Street (Cassilly to Northern). This bid was opened on May 24, 2019 and will be awarded to Associated Excavating at the July 2nd commission meeting.