The Engineering Department provides planning services that preserve the health, safety, and welfare of the community through the application of plans, codes, and ordinances for the City’s best uses of resources and development.
Southbound Fountain Avenue – street closure
Southbound Fountain Avenue will be closed to thru traffic from the Norfolk Southern Railroad to Jefferson Avenue beginning Monday, August 26 thru Thursday, August 29, 2019 for street repair. Southbound traffic will be open to the Heritage Center and the Marriott.
ANTICIPATED COMPLETION DATE: Thursday, August 29, 2019 after 4:00 pm
Bid Tabulations / Awards
Recommended Award Information
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport Runway Repair (Joint and Crack Sealing) - REBID
- 2019 Miscellaneous Sewer Lining
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport Runway Repair 06-24 (Joint and Crack Sealing)
- CLA - N. Belmont Avenue Reconstruction, Phase 2, PID 94814 - REBID
- Northern Heights Water and Sewer Improvements
- CLA - N. Belmont Avenue Reconstruction, Phase 2, PID 94814
- Mill Run Sewer Cleaning & Inspection Services
- 2019 PI Paving
- Demolition of Condemned Structures
- Demolition and Site Preparation for the Downtown Springfield Townhome Development
- Sub Station Circuit Breakers
- Asphalt Court Repair
- Purchase of Dump Body
- Weed Cutting and Lot Clearing
- Sodium Hexametaphosphate
- Lagonda Ave. and James St. Combined Sewer Replacement
- 2019 Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter
- 2019 Miscellaneous Water Service Replacement
- E. Harding Road Reconstruction
- CLA - Belmont Ave., Ph 2 - CLEARING, PID 94814
- CLA - Bechtle-0.57, PID 99563
- 2018 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining
- Snyder Park Paving - Phase II
- 2018 PI Paving
- CLA - US 40-16.82, PID 103791 - REBID
- 2018 Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- CLA - Middle Urbana Rehab, PID 94768
- Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining, Phase 2
- 2017 Miscellaneous Sewer Replacement
- Buck Creek Trail Realignment
- CLA - US40-16.82, PID 103791
- CLA - Trail Maintenance, PID 99562 - REBID
- Buck Creek Interceptor Sewer Inspection - REBID - No Bidders
- 2017 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining
- 2017 Miscellaneous Water Replacement
- Buck Creek Interceptor Sewer Inspection - No Bidders
- Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining, Phase I
- CLA - N. Murray / Mount Vernon, PID 99555
- 2017 PI Paving
- 2017 OPWC Paving
- CLA - East Street Reconstruction, PID 94806
- Ramp Expansion
- CLA - Trail Maintenance, PID 99562
- South Limestone Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter- REBID
- CLA - Bechtle Signals, PID 98859 - REBID
- S Limestone Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- 2017 Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- CLA - Bechtle Signals, PID 98859
- CLA - Villa Road, PID 89421
- CSO Backwater Valve Project
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport - Final Denial Barriers at the Entry Control Point
- Construct New Hangars and Taxilanes Springfield Beckley Municipal Airport - REBID
- CLA - Lowry Bridge, PID 96375
- 2016 Miscellaneous Water & Sewer Replacement
- 2016 PI Paving
- CLA - Burnett Rd. Reconstruction, PID 94795
- Erie Interceptor Express Sewer
- 2016 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Linings
- Airport New Hangars and Taxilane
- Airport - Crack Repair Taxiway B & Rehab Taxiway F
Curb, Gutter & Sidewalk Specifications
Click here to view specifications.
Construction Specifications and Standard Drawings
Click here to download complete book.
- WM-1 (REV 2019)
Street Report for the Week of August 19, 2019
Bechtle Avenue (over Snyder Park Road):
Traffic will be restricted to one lane in each direction on Bechtle Avenue from Keifer Avenue to Perry Street. A detour will be posted for closure of Snyder Park Road under Bechtle Bridge.
Anticipated Completion Date: August 30, 2019
Columbia Gas / NPL Work Areas:
- N. Belmont Ave.
- Broadway / Maiden Lane / Harshman
- Willis / Maplewood / High St.
Columbia Gas / A & B Asphalt Work Areas:
- Broadway / Maiden Lane / Harshman
Columbia Gas / Fishel Work Areas:
- Drexel / Liberty / Vine
Sterling Quality Concrete Work Areas:
- Intersection of S. Belmont and Sweetbriar
- Hilltop Neighborhood
Additional Road Closures (county projects) Clark County Road Closures
Please Note: Public Right of Way Application can be submitted the following ways:
- Download, print and complete the application. Turn in the completed application, with all required documentation , in person, Engineering Department, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 76 E. High Street, Springfield, OH 45502.
- Download, print and complete the application. Return to the Engineering Department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the City of Springfield, Engineering Department, 76 E. High Street, Springfield, OH 45502.
- Download ‘fillable’ PDF form to your desktop and complete. Then, using the ‘Submit’ button, return electronically.
After the application has been received, you will be notified of revisions or amount of payment.
Affirmative Action Program
- MBE/DBE Certification Packet
- MBE/DBE Recertification Packet
- Affirmative Action Program Application
- Affirmative Action Program Renewal Application
Projects Under Construction
2019 PI Paving
This project consists of pavement repair, planing, pulverization and resurfacing of various roadways within the City limits, including curb ramp and sidewalk installation within the project limits. Also, 215 feet of sanitary will be installed on Kenwood Avenue. This project was awarded to A & B Asphalt in the amount of $2,062,024.09
The following street will be involved with this years program:
Cliff Park Drive – N. Fountain Ave. to N. Plum St.
Kenwood Avenue – Selma Road to S. Belmont Ave.
Nagley Street – Sunset Ave. to Kenwood Ave.
Rutland Avenue – Nagley St. to S. Belmont Ave.
Fulton Avenue – Nagley St. to S. Belmont Ave.
W. Perrin Avenue – S. Plum St. to W. Wittenberg Ave.
Springmont Avenue – Oakleaf Ave. to Driscoll Ave.
El Camino Drive – Santa Monica Ave. to Vester Ave.
Vester Avenue – El Camino Dr. to Derr Rd.
Olympic Street – Home Rd. to Apollo Ave.
Funded by the City.
CLA – Bechtle – 0.57, PID 99563
This project consists of bridge rehabilitation on Bechtle Avenue over Snyder Park Road and Lagoons by replacing the superstructure with minimal approach work. Bid was awarded to Eagle Bridge Company with a bid amount of $1,409,565.61. Two-way traffic shall be maintained with on lane of travel in each direction. Please be aware of traffic lane shifts and exercise caution as construction traffic may be entering and exiting the work zone. Scheduled completion date is 8/30/18.
Funding provided by ODOT and OPWC.
CLA – N. Belmont Avenue Reconstruction, Phase 2, PID 94814 – REBID
This project consists of the reconstruction of approximately 3,727′ of existing two lane roadway and overlay of approximately 350’ of roadway, drainage improvements, waterline lowering and approximately 80 Lin. Ft of sanitary sewer extension on N. Belmont Avenue between Mitchell Boulevard and Oakdale Road. Bid opening was held on Friday, May 3, 2019. The project was awarded to J & J Schlaegel at the July 2nd commission meeting in the amount of $2,611,169.37.
Funding provided by ODOT, OPWC, City Water & City Sewer.
Northern Heights Water and Sewer Improvement Project
This project consists of the installation of approximately 1,346 Lin. Ft. of sanitary sewer, replacement of approximately 1,730 Lin. Ft. of 6″ waterline and 19 water services, installation of 24″ x 38″ elliptical sewer pipe and junction chamber installation. Locations are: N. Murray Street (Madison Avenue to 300′ North), Olive Street (Stanton to Cassilly), Olive Street (1088 Olive to Northern Avenue), Cecil Street (Mason to Elm), Terrace Drive (Madison Avenue to 300′ North), Glenmore Drive, Elm Street (Cassilly to Madison), Olive Street (Northern to McCreight) and Olive Street (Cassilly to Northern). This project was awarded to Associated Excavating at the July 2nd commission meeting in the amount of $1,042,938.25. Construction is scheduled to begin the first part of September.
Funding provided by City Water and City Sewer, as well as a loan from OPWC.
2019 Miscellaneous Sewer Lining
The project consists of the following and will include James Street and Lagonda Avenue, Dibert Avenue and Farnam Street, Yellow Springs Street to Farnam Street, North and South Kensington Place (N. Limestone St. to N. Fountain Ave.):
- Rehabilitation of approximately 197 vertical feet of manhole utilizing spray applied monolithic liner.
- Cleaning and Rehabilitation of approximately 4,308 linear feet of existing sanitary sewer by cured in place plastic pipe (CIPP)
Funding provide by City Sewer.