The Engineering Department provides planning services that preserve the health, safety, and welfare of the community through the application of plans, codes, and ordinances for the City’s best uses of resources and development.
The Engineering Office is now located at 2100 Lagonda Avenue (Service Department). Phone number (937) 525-5800.
Street Closures & Detours
N. Fountain Boulevard
On Wednesday, October 14, 2020, from 9 am until 3 pm, northbound N. Fountain Boulevard, from McCreight Avenue to First Street will be closed for tree removal.
Anticipated Completion Date: October 14, 2020 after 3pm
W. Main St.
Construction is underway on the W. Main Street sewer project. Traffic will be maintained on W. Main Street with lane restrictions.
Anticipated Completion Date: November 20, 2020
Belmont Avenue – Lane Restriction
Belmont Avenue, from Mitchell Boulevard to Home Road is one way, northbound the remainder of the project.
Anticipated Completion Date: October 16, 2020
Broadway Street Reconstruction
Construction continues on Broadway Street. Traffic will be restricted to one westbound lane between US 40 (Park Avenue) and Bechtle Avenue. A detour will be posted.
Anticipated Completion Date: October 30, 2020
Bid Tabulations / Awards
Recommended Award Information
- CLA-Spgfld-Burnett-Columbus-REBID, PID 110976
- CLA - McCreight Avenue, PID 104831
- CLA - Spgfld-Burnett-Columbus (PID 110976)
- W Main St Sewer
- Center Street Streetscape
- CLA - Trail Maintenance, Ph 2, PID 109480
- 2020 PI Paving
- 2020 S,C & G
- North Street Sewers
- 2020 Miscellaneous Water Service Replacement
- CLA - Main / Western Signal Upgrade, PID 108617
- Broadway Reconstruction
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport Runway Repair (Joint and Crack Sealing) - REBID
- 2019 Miscellaneous Sewer Lining
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport Runway Repair 06-24 (Joint and Crack Sealing)
- CLA - N. Belmont Avenue Reconstruction, Phase 2, PID 94814 - REBID
- Northern Heights Water and Sewer Improvements
- CLA - N. Belmont Avenue Reconstruction, Phase 2, PID 94814
- Mill Run Sewer Cleaning & Inspection Services
- 2019 PI Paving
- Demolition of Condemned Structures
- Demolition and Site Preparation for the Downtown Springfield Townhome Development
- Sub Station Circuit Breakers
- Asphalt Court Repair
- Purchase of Dump Body
- Weed Cutting and Lot Clearing
- Sodium Hexametaphosphate
- Lagonda Ave. and James St. Combined Sewer Replacement
- 2019 Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter
- 2019 Miscellaneous Water Service Replacement
- E. Harding Road Reconstruction
- CLA - Belmont Ave., Ph 2 - CLEARING, PID 94814
- CLA - Bechtle-0.57, PID 99563
- 2018 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining
- Snyder Park Paving - Phase II
- 2018 PI Paving
- CLA - US 40-16.82, PID 103791 - REBID
- 2018 Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- CLA - Middle Urbana Rehab, PID 94768
- Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining, Phase 2
- 2017 Miscellaneous Sewer Replacement
- Buck Creek Trail Realignment
- CLA - US40-16.82, PID 103791
- CLA - Trail Maintenance, PID 99562 - REBID
- Buck Creek Interceptor Sewer Inspection - REBID - No Bidders
- 2017 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining
- 2017 Miscellaneous Water Replacement
- Buck Creek Interceptor Sewer Inspection - No Bidders
- Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining, Phase I
- CLA - N. Murray / Mount Vernon, PID 99555
- 2017 PI Paving
- 2017 OPWC Paving
- CLA - East Street Reconstruction, PID 94806
- Ramp Expansion
- CLA - Trail Maintenance, PID 99562
- South Limestone Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter- REBID
- CLA - Bechtle Signals, PID 98859 - REBID
- S Limestone Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- 2017 Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- CLA - Bechtle Signals, PID 98859
- CLA - Villa Road, PID 89421
- CSO Backwater Valve Project
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport - Final Denial Barriers at the Entry Control Point
- Construct New Hangars and Taxilanes Springfield Beckley Municipal Airport - REBID
- CLA - Lowry Bridge, PID 96375
- 2016 Miscellaneous Water & Sewer Replacement
- 2016 PI Paving
- CLA - Burnett Rd. Reconstruction, PID 94795
- Erie Interceptor Express Sewer
- 2016 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Linings
- Airport New Hangars and Taxilane
- Airport - Crack Repair Taxiway B & Rehab Taxiway F
Curb, Gutter & Sidewalk Specifications
Click here to view specifications.
Construction Specifications and Standard Drawings
Click here to download complete book.
- WM-1 (REV 2019)
Additional Road Closures (county projects) Clark County Road Closures
Please Note: Public Right of Way Application can be submitted the following ways:
- Download, print and complete the application. Turn in the completed application, with all required documentation, in person, Engineering Division, Springfield Service Center, 2100 Lagonda Avenue, Springfield, OH 45503.
- Download, print and complete the application. Return to the Engineering Department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the City of Springfield Service Center, Engineering Division, 2100 Lagonda Avenue, Springfield, OH 45503.
- Download ‘fillable’ PDF form to your desktop and complete. Then, using the ‘Submit’ button, return electronically.
After the application has been received, you will be notified of revisions or amount of payment.
Affirmative Action Program
- MBE/DBE Certification Packet
- MBE/DBE Recertification Packet
- Affirmative Action Program Application
- Affirmative Action Program Renewal Application
Projects Under Construction
CLA – N. Belmont Avenue Reconstruction, Phase 2, PID 94814 – REBID
This project consists of the reconstruction of approximately 3,727′ of existing two lane roadway and overlay of approximately 350’ of roadway, drainage improvements, waterline lowering and approximately 80 Lin. Ft of sanitary sewer extension on N. Belmont Avenue between Mitchell Boulevard and Oakdale Road. The project was awarded to J & J Schlaegel at the July 2nd commission meeting in the amount of $2,611,169.37. The estimated completion date is August 7, 2020.
Funding provided by ODOT, OPWC, City Water & City Sewer.
Northern Heights Water and Sewer Improvement Project
This project consists of the installation of approximately 1,346 Lin. Ft. of sanitary sewer, replacement of approximately 1,730 Lin. Ft. of 6″ waterline and 19 water services, installation of 24″ x 38″ elliptical sewer pipe and junction chamber installation. Locations are: N. Murray Street (Madison Avenue to 300′ North), Olive Street (Stanton to Cassilly), Olive Street (1088 Olive to Northern Avenue), Cecil Street (Mason to Elm), Terrace Drive (Madison Avenue to 300′ North), Glenmore Drive, Elm Street (Cassilly to Madison), Olive Street (Northern to McCreight) and Olive Street (Cassilly to Northern). This project was awarded to Associated Excavating at the July 2nd commission meeting in the amount of $1,042,938.25. Construction is scheduled to resume the week of March 2, 2020. The estimated completion date is May 1, 2020.
Funding provided by City Water and City Sewer, as well as a loan from OPWC.
CLA – Main / Western Signal, PID 108617
This project consists of replacing the span wire traffic signal at the intersection of Main Street and Western Avenue with mast arm supports. Pedestrian features will be added as well. The project was awarded to Bansal Construction, Inc. at the January 14, 2020 commission meeting in the amount of $263,666.98. Completion date is scheduled for September 25, 2020.
Funding provided by ODOT and City Traffic funds.
Construction has begun on Broadway Street. The contractor has started utility work associated with this project, beginning near the intersection of Broadway and Bechtle Avenue and will continue working their way westward toward US40 / Park Avenue. Block by block closures may be necessary, but will be limited between the hours of 8am and 5pm. Anticipated completion date is September 18, 2020.
Funding for this project provided by OPWC, City Permanent Improvement Funds and City Water and City Sewer Funds.
2020 Miscellaneous Water Service Replacement
This project consists of replacing approximately 261 water services at various locations within the City limits, installing approximately 3 water meters and boxes on existing water service and retiring / extracting approximately 82 water services. Kinnison Excavating, Inc. will be the contractor for this project. Award amount of the project was $774,100.00. Scheduled completion date is July 3, 2020.
Funded by City Water funds.
North Street Sewers
This project consists of installing approximately 3,125 Lineal feet of storm sewer, replacing approximately 157 Lineal Feet of 30″ sanitary sewer and performing manhole rehabilitation using Spray Applied Monolithic Liner on North Street. Project was awarded to J & J Schlaegel, Inc. in the amount of $1,187,698.15. Anticipated completion date is scheduled for September 10, 2020.
Funded by a loan from OWDA.