The Engineering Department provides planning services that preserve the health, safety, and welfare of the community through the application of plans, codes, and ordinances for the City’s best uses of resources and development.
Erie Interceptor Express Sewer
Pump station wall being formed for Erie Interceptor Express Sewer
Aerial view of Erie Interceptor Express Sewer
Setting Grit Manhole at Pump Station for Erie Interceptor Express Sewer
- CLA - Bechtle Signals, PID 98859 - REBID
- S Limestone Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- 2017 Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- CLA - Bechtle Signals, PID 98859
- CLA - Villa Road, PID #89421
- CSO Backwater Valve Project
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport - Final Denial Barriers at the Entry Control Point
- Construct New Hangars and Taxilanes Springfield Beckley Municipal Airport - REBID
- CLA - Lowry Bridge, PID 96375
- 2016 Miscellaneous Water & Sewer Replacement
- 2016 PI Paving
- CLA - Burnett Rd. Reconstruction, PID 94795
- Erie Interceptor Express Sewer
- 2016 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining
- Airport New Hangars and Taxilane
- Airport - Crack Repair Taxiway B & Rehab Taxiway F BID TAB
Curb, Gutter & Sidewalk Specifications
Click here to view specifications.
Construction Specifications and Standard Drawings
Click here to download complete book.
Project Award Information
For the Week of May 22, 2017
US 40 (North Street):
On May 22, 2017, from 9am to 3pm, US 40 (North Street) Westbound will be restricted to one lane along the south curb line between Spring Street and Limestone Street so that work can be done on the old Springfield News Sun building.
Anticipate Completion Date: May 22, 2017 after 3pm
Construction on the widening of Villa Road from Red Coach to Derr Road continues. Traffic will be maintained westbound from Derr Road to Red Coach Drive and a detour will be placed for eastbound traffic from Urbana Road to Derr Road. Eastbound local traffic only will be maintained from Urbana Road to Red Coach Drive The detour will be SR 72 (Urbana Road) to eastbound on Home Road to northbound on Derr Road.
Anticipated Completion Date: October 26, 2017
Columbia Gas Work Locations:
Cedar, Race, Light & Liberty Streets – (Fishel will be working in these neighborhoods performing restoration on the road and removing old gas mains out of service.)
Anticipated Completion Date: May 31, 2017
Additional Road Closures (county projects) Clark County Road Closures
Please Note: Public Right of Way Application can be submitted the following ways:
- Download, print and complete the application. Turn in the completed application, with all required documentation , in person, Engineering Department, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 76 E. High Street, Springfield, OH 45502.
- Download, print and complete the application. Return to the Engineering Department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the City of Springfield, Engineering Department, 76 E. High Street, Springfield, OH 45502.
- Download ‘fillable’ PDF form to your desktop and complete. Then, using the ‘Submit’ button, return electronically.
After the application has been received, you will be notified of revisions or amount of payment.
Affirmative Action Program
- MBE/DBE Certification Packet
- MBE/DBE Recertification Packet
- Affirmative Action Program Application
- Affirmative Action Program Renewal Application
Projects Under Construction
Erie Interceptor Express Sewer
Work continues on the Erie Express Sewer Project. Several crews are working throughout the entire project. Crews are continuing to place twin 18″ force main sewer through Snyder Park. Also, crews are working on Skinner Lane and W. First Street placing bores under the roadway. Crews are also beginning the placement of 42″ gravity sewer along Skinner Lane and through the old Target parking lot. At the new lift station site, crews have begun forming and pouring the structure of the new pump station facility. No roads are closed at this time. Please be aware of construction traffic entering and exiting different areas along the construction route.
CLA – Villa Road, PID 89421
Construction is under way. This project consists of adding a center turn lane and multi-user trail between Derr Road and Red Coach Drive. Also, a new traffic signal will be installed at Red Coach Drive and Villa Road. In addition, the pavement from Red Coach Drive to Urbana Road will be shaved and paved. Contractor is currently working on the south half of the roadway, which includes widening the existing pavement between Derr Rd and Red Coach Dr. Local traffic is being maintained west bound only, through the duration of the project. Anticipated completion date is October 27th, 2017. R.B. Jergens Contractors, Inc. is the contractor on this project. Please be aware that construction traffic will be entering and exiting the work zone.
Funded by ODOT and OPWC.
2017 Sidewalk, Curb and Gutter Program
The yearly sidewalk program has been awarded to Sterling Quality Concrete. Notification letters have been sent notifying the property owners that need to have work done. The streets that work will be done on are East Street (High St. to Rice St.), Balsam Drive (Home Rd. to Carousel Dr.) and Center Street (Pleasant St. to North St.)
CLA – Bechtle Signals, PID 98859
The CLA – Bechtle Signals project consists of replacing signal controllers and equipment, adding video cameras and spread spectrum radios and a signal being reconstructed. This project is located on Bechtle Avenue at the intersection of SR41 (Troy Road). The bid opening for this project is scheduled for May 19, 2017.
Funded by ODOT.
CLA – East Street Recon, PID 94806 – This project consists of reconstructing East Street, from High Street to Grand Avenue. ODOT will be funding 80%, with the City funding the remaining 20%.
S. Limestone Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter – Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter repair will be required of the property owners on South Limestone Street from Miller Road to Leffel Lane. This project will be going out for rebid in the next week or so.
CLA – Trail Maintenance, PID 99562 – This project consists of trail maintenance items such as: signs, pavement markings, pavement repair and fence repair. Monies can only be spent on trails that are on City property or in dedicated right-of-way. ODOT will be funding 80%, with the City funding the remaining 20%.
Part 9 - Streets, Utilities, and Public Services Code
Title One - Streets and Sidewalk Areas
- Chapter 901. Improvements and Excavations (12-6-13)
- Chapter 902. Right-of-Way Use Management
- Chapter 903. Sidewalks, Curbs and Gutters (12-6-16)
- Chapter 905. Vacation or Narrowing of Streets (4-28-15)
- Chapter 907. Trees
- Chapter 909. Weeds (6-25-13)
- Chapter 910. Building Numbering
Title Three - Municipal Utilities
- Chapter 911. Water Rates and Regulations (9-13-16)
- Chapter 913. Cross Connection Control and Water Quality Protection (9-25-12)
- Chapter 915. Sewer Connections (4-12-16)
- Chapter 916. Use of Public Sewers (03-31-15)
- Chapter 917. Sewerage Charges (12-22-15)
- Chapter 918. Stormwater Utility Charges (12-22-15)
- Chapter 919. Sanitary Services (3-29-16)
- Chapter 921. Private Solid Waste Collectors
- Chapter 922. Residential Solid Waste Collectors
- Chapter 923. Demolition Dumps
- Chapter 925. Collection and Disposal of Storm Waters
- Chapter 927. Utilities Serving New Condominium Developments
- Chapter 929. Wellhead and Well Field Protection Regulations (9-13-16)
Title Four - Engineering Regulations
Title Five - Other Public Services
- Chapter 955. Fire Protection Outside City Limits
- Chapter 959. Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport (10-11-16)
Title Six - Stormwater Regulations