The Engineering Department provides planning services that preserve the health, safety, and welfare of the community through the application of plans, codes, and ordinances for the City’s best uses of resources and development.
Erie Intercepter Express Sewer
- 2017 Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- CLA - Bechtle Signals, PID 98859
- CLA - Villa Road, PID #89421
- CSO Backwater Valve Project
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport - Final Denial Barriers at the Entry Control Point
- Construct New Hangars and Taxilanes Springfield Beckley Municipal Airport - REBID
- CLA - Lowry Bridge, PID 96375
- 2016 Miscellaneous Water & Sewer Replacement
- 2016 PI Paving
- CLA - Burnett Rd. Reconstruction, PID 94795
- Erie Interceptor Express Sewer
- 2016 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining
- Airport New Hangars and Taxilane
- Airport - Crack Repair Taxiway B & Rehab Taxiway F BID TAB
Curb, Gutter & Sidewalk Specifications
Click here to view specifications.
Construction Specifications and Standard Drawings
Click here to download complete book.
Project Award Information
For the Week of April 3 2017
Construction on the widening of Villa Road from Red Coach to Derr Road has begun. Traffic will be maintained westbound from Derr Road to Red Coach Drive and a detour will be placed for eastbound traffic from Urbana Road to Derr Road. Eastbound local traffic only will be maintained from Urbana Road to Red Coach Drive The detour will be SR 72 (Urbana Road) to eastbound on Home Road to northbound on Derr Road.
Anticipated Completion Date: October 26, 2017
Columbia Gas Work Locations:
Cedar, Race, Light & Liberty Streets – (Fishel will be working in these neighborhoods performing restoration on the road and removing old gas mains out of service.)
Anticipated Completion Date: April 30, 2017
Additional Road Closures (county projects) Clark County Road Closures
Please Note: Public Right of Way Application can be submitted the following ways:
- Download, print and complete the application. Turn in the completed application, with all required documentation , in person, Engineering Department, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 76 E. High Street, Springfield, OH 45502.
- Download, print and complete the application. Return to the Engineering Department by email to email@example.com or by mail to the City of Springfield, Engineering Department, 76 E. High Street, Springfield, OH 45502.
- Download ‘fillable’ PDF form to your desktop and complete. Then, using the ‘Submit’ button, return electronically.
After the application has been received, you will be notified of revisions or amount of payment.
Affirmative Action Program
- MBE/DBE Certification Packet
- MBE/DBE Recertification Packet
- Affirmative Action Program Application
- Affirmative Action Program Renewal Application
Projects Under Construction
Erie Interceptor Express Sewer
Work continues on the Erie Express Sewer Project. Several crews are working throughout the entire project. Crews are continuing to place twin 18″ force main sewer through Snyder Park. Also, crews are working on Skinner Lane and W. First Street placing bores under the roadway. Crews are also beginning the placement of 42″ gravity sewer along Skinner Lane and through the old Target parking lot. At the new lift station site, crews have begun forming and pouring the structure of the new pump station facility. No roads are closed at this time. Please be aware of construction traffic entering and exiting different areas along the construction route.
CLA – Villa Road, PID 89421
This project consists of adding a center turn lane and multi-user trail between Derr Road and Red Coach Drive. Also, a new traffic signal will be installed at Red Coach Drive and Villa Road. In addition, the pavement from Red Coach Drive to Urbana Road will be shaved and paved. This project was awarded to R.B. Jergens Contractors, Inc. and construction has now begun.
Funded by ODOT and OPWC.
CSO Backwater Valve Project
This project consists of placing flexible backwater flow control valves at various locations along Buck Creek to control the flow of water from the stream into the City’s sewer system during times of high flow in the stream. Locations for this project are at sewer outfalls near Water Street. The J & J Schlaegel Company from Urbana is the contractor for this project.
Springfield Beckley Municipal Airport – Construct New Hangars & Taxilanes
Funding from State of Ohio and Port of Authority. Arcon Builders, LTD is the contractor on this job. The contractor is working on constructing the new hangars.
CLA – Bechtle Signals, PID 98859
The CLA – Bechtle Signals project consists of replacing signal controllers and equipment, adding video cameras and spread spectrum radios and a signal being reconstructed. This project is located on Bechtle Avenue at the intersection of SR41 (Troy Road).
Funded by ODOT.
2017 Sidewalk, Curb and Gutter Program
The yearly sidewalk program is out for bid. The scheduled bid opening is March 31, 2017. Section No. 1 of the streets will be East Street (High St. to Rice St.), Balsam Drive (Home Rd. to Carousel Dr.) and Center Street (Pleasant St. to North St.) Letters will be sent out in early April notifying the property owners that need to have work done.
Part 9 - Streets, Utilities, and Public Services Code
Title One - Streets and Sidewalk Areas
- Chapter 901. Improvements and Excavations (12-6-13)
- Chapter 902. Right-of-Way Use Management
- Chapter 903. Sidewalks, Curbs and Gutters (12-6-16)
- Chapter 905. Vacation or Narrowing of Streets (4-28-15)
- Chapter 907. Trees
- Chapter 909. Weeds (6-25-13)
- Chapter 910. Building Numbering
Title Three - Municipal Utilities
- Chapter 911. Water Rates and Regulations (9-13-16)
- Chapter 913. Cross Connection Control and Water Quality Protection (9-25-12)
- Chapter 915. Sewer Connections (4-12-16)
- Chapter 916. Use of Public Sewers (03-31-15)
- Chapter 917. Sewerage Charges (12-22-15)
- Chapter 918. Stormwater Utility Charges (12-22-15)
- Chapter 919. Sanitary Services (3-29-16)
- Chapter 921. Private Solid Waste Collectors
- Chapter 922. Residential Solid Waste Collectors
- Chapter 923. Demolition Dumps
- Chapter 925. Collection and Disposal of Storm Waters
- Chapter 927. Utilities Serving New Condominium Developments
- Chapter 929. Wellhead and Well Field Protection Regulations (9-13-16)
Title Four - Engineering Regulations
Title Five - Other Public Services
- Chapter 955. Fire Protection Outside City Limits
- Chapter 959. Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport (10-11-16)
Title Six - Stormwater Regulations