The Engineering Department provides planning services that preserve the health, safety, and welfare of the community through the application of plans, codes, and ordinances for the City’s best uses of resources and development.
The Engineering Office is now located at 2100 Lagonda Avenue (Service Department). Phone number (937) 525-5800.
BE SAFE AND WATCH FOR WORKERS AND EQUIPMENT!!
Bid Tabulations / Awards
Recommended Award Information
- Eastern Pressure District Waterline Upgrade
- 2020 Miscellaneous Sewer Lining
- CLA-Spgfld-Burnett-Columbus-REBID, PID 110976
- CLA - McCreight Avenue, PID 104831
- CLA - Spgfld-Burnett-Columbus (PID 110976)
- W Main St Sewer
- Center Street Streetscape
- CLA - Trail Maintenance, Ph 2, PID 109480
- 2020 PI Paving
- 2020 S,C & G
- North Street Sewers
- 2020 Miscellaneous Water Service Replacement
- CLA - Main / Western Signal Upgrade, PID 108617
- Broadway Reconstruction
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport Runway Repair (Joint and Crack Sealing) - REBID
- 2019 Miscellaneous Sewer Lining
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport Runway Repair 06-24 (Joint and Crack Sealing)
- CLA - N. Belmont Avenue Reconstruction, Phase 2, PID 94814 - REBID
- Northern Heights Water and Sewer Improvements
- CLA - N. Belmont Avenue Reconstruction, Phase 2, PID 94814
- Mill Run Sewer Cleaning & Inspection Services
- 2019 PI Paving
- Demolition of Condemned Structures
- Demolition and Site Preparation for the Downtown Springfield Townhome Development
- Sub Station Circuit Breakers
- Asphalt Court Repair
- Purchase of Dump Body
- Weed Cutting and Lot Clearing
- Sodium Hexametaphosphate
- Lagonda Ave. and James St. Combined Sewer Replacement
- 2019 Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter
- 2019 Miscellaneous Water Service Replacement
- E. Harding Road Reconstruction
- CLA - Belmont Ave., Ph 2 - CLEARING, PID 94814
- CLA - Bechtle-0.57, PID 99563
- 2018 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining
- Snyder Park Paving - Phase II
- 2018 PI Paving
- CLA - US 40-16.82, PID 103791 - REBID
- 2018 Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- CLA - Middle Urbana Rehab, PID 94768
- Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining, Phase 2
- 2017 Miscellaneous Sewer Replacement
- Buck Creek Trail Realignment
- CLA - US40-16.82, PID 103791
- CLA - Trail Maintenance, PID 99562 - REBID
- Buck Creek Interceptor Sewer Inspection - REBID - No Bidders
- 2017 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining
- 2017 Miscellaneous Water Replacement
- Buck Creek Interceptor Sewer Inspection - No Bidders
- Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining, Phase I
- CLA - N. Murray / Mount Vernon, PID 99555
- 2017 PI Paving
- 2017 OPWC Paving
- CLA - East Street Reconstruction, PID 94806
- Ramp Expansion
- CLA - Trail Maintenance, PID 99562
- South Limestone Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter- REBID
- CLA - Bechtle Signals, PID 98859 - REBID
- S Limestone Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- 2017 Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- CLA - Bechtle Signals, PID 98859
- CLA - Villa Road, PID 89421
- CSO Backwater Valve Project
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport - Final Denial Barriers at the Entry Control Point
- Construct New Hangars and Taxilanes Springfield Beckley Municipal Airport - REBID
- CLA - Lowry Bridge, PID 96375
- 2016 Miscellaneous Water & Sewer Replacement
- 2016 PI Paving
- CLA - Burnett Rd. Reconstruction, PID 94795
- Erie Interceptor Express Sewer
- 2016 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Linings
- Airport New Hangars and Taxilane
- Airport - Crack Repair Taxiway B & Rehab Taxiway F
Curb, Gutter & Sidewalk Specifications
Click here to view specifications.
Construction Specifications and Standard Drawings
Click here to download complete book.
- WM-1 (REV 2019)
Additional Road Closures (county projects) Clark County Road Closures
Please Note: Public Right of Way Application can be submitted the following ways:
- Download, print and complete the application. Turn in the completed application, with all required documentation, in person, Engineering Division, Springfield Service Center, 2100 Lagonda Avenue, Springfield, OH 45503.
- Download, print and complete the application. Return to the Engineering Department by email to email@example.com or by mail to the City of Springfield Service Center, Engineering Division, 2100 Lagonda Avenue, Springfield, OH 45503.
- Download ‘fillable’ PDF form to your desktop and complete. Then, using the ‘Submit’ button, return electronically.
After the application has been received, you will be notified of revisions or amount of payment.
Affirmative Action Program
- MBE/DBE Certification Packet
- MBE/DBE Recertification Packet
- Affirmative Action Program Application
- Affirmative Action Program Renewal Application
Projects Under Construction
CLA – McCreight Avenue Reconstruction, PID 104831
This project consists of reconstructing the asphalt roadway from Limestone Street to Murray Street and resurfacing from Murray Street to Cedarview Drive. The ADA ramp’s will be upgraded where required. Drainage improvements to separate storm from combined sewer will include new basins, laterals and limited storm sewer main. Utility work will include sanitary sewer lining and water main lowering. The contractor for this project is Brumbaugh Construction, Inc. Construction is planned to start in February 2021.
Total cost for this project is $2,460,151.00 – Funding for this project consists of ODOT, OPWC, OWDA Loans and City funds.
CLA – Spgfld – N Burnett / Columbus, PID 110976
This project consists of upgrading the existing controller at the North Burnett Road and Columbus Avenue intersection to accommodate railroad preemption. The contractor for this project is Perram Elecctric, Inc..
Cost for this project is $87,567 and is funded by ODOT.
2020 Miscellaneous Sewer Lining
This project consists of the rehabilitation of approximately 303 vertical feet of manhole utilizing spray applied monolithic liner, as well as cleaning and rehabilitation of approximately 4,813 linear feet of existing sanitary sewer by cured in place plastic pipe (CIPP). The contractor for this project is Granite Inliner, LLC.
Cost for this project is $447,736.50 and is being funded by sewer funds.
Eastern Pressure District Waterline Upgrade
This project consists of the installation of waterlines, new booster pump station, building, and necessary mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation upgrades and appurtenances. This work will take place on East National Road (US 40) between Ogden Road and Verona Drive. The bid opening for this project is scheduled for January 15, 2021.