The Engineering Department provides planning services that preserve the health, safety, and welfare of the community through the application of plans, codes, and ordinances for the City’s best uses of resources and development.
Road Closure – Extended due to weather
Construction has begun on Harding Road, between Fountain and Limestone Street. Columbia Gas is working on their service lowerings and will be working in the same zone as the City’s contractor. For the safety of the motoring public and the construction workers, Harding Road, between Fountain and Limestone will be closed from 7am to 6pm each day through Wednesday, February 27, 2019.
Bid Tabulations / Awards
- 2019 Miscellaneous Water Service Replacement
- E. Harding Road Reconstruction
- CLA - Belmont Ave., Ph 2 - CLEARING, PID 94814
- CLA - Bechtle-0.57, PID 99563
- 2018 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining
- Snyder Park Paving - Phase II
- 2018 PI Paving
- CLA - US 40-16.82, PID 103791 - REBID
- 2018 Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- CLA - Middle Urbana Rehab, PID 94768
- Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining, Phase 2
- 2017 Miscellaneous Sewer Replacement
- Buck Creek Trail Realignment
- CLA - US40-16.82, PID 103791
- CLA - Trail Maintenance, PID 99562 - REBID
- Buck Creek Interceptor Sewer Inspection - REBID - No Bidders
- 2017 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining
- 2017 Miscellaneous Water Replacement
- Buck Creek Interceptor Sewer Inspection - No Bidders
- Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining, Phase I
- CLA - N. Murray / Mount Vernon, PID 99555
- 2017 PI Paving
- 2017 OPWC Paving
- CLA - East Street Reconstruction, PID 94806
- Ramp Expansion
- CLA - Trail Maintenance, PID 99562
- South Limestone Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter- REBID
- CLA - Bechtle Signals, PID 98859 - REBID
- S Limestone Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- 2017 Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter Program
- CLA - Bechtle Signals, PID 98859
- CLA - Villa Road, PID 89421
- CSO Backwater Valve Project
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport - Final Denial Barriers at the Entry Control Point
- Construct New Hangars and Taxilanes Springfield Beckley Municipal Airport - REBID
- CLA - Lowry Bridge, PID 96375
- 2016 Miscellaneous Water & Sewer Replacement
- 2016 PI Paving
- CLA - Burnett Rd. Reconstruction, PID 94795
- Erie Interceptor Express Sewer
- 2016 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Linings
- Airport New Hangars and Taxilane
- Airport - Crack Repair Taxiway B & Rehab Taxiway F
Curb, Gutter & Sidewalk Specifications
Click here to view specifications.
Construction Specifications and Standard Drawings
Click here to download complete book.
Street Report for the Week of February 25, 2019
Construction is underway on Harding Road, between Fountain and Limestone Street. Columbia Gas has begun the service lowerings and will be working in the same zone as the City’s contractor until Wednesday, February 27, 2019. For the safety of the motoring public and the construction workers, Harding Road, between Fountain and Limestone will be closed from 7am to 6pm each day. An update will be posted the end of the week for future traffic maintenance during this construction project.
Anticipated completion date is July 26, 2019
Bechtle Avenue (over Snyder Park Road):
Traffic will be restricted to one lane in each direction on Bechtle Avenue from Keifer Avenue to Perry Street. A detour will be posted for closure of Snyder Park Road under Bechtle Bridge.
Anticipated Completion Date: August 30, 2019
Additional Road Closures (county projects) Clark County Road Closures
Please Note: Public Right of Way Application can be submitted the following ways:
- Download, print and complete the application. Turn in the completed application, with all required documentation , in person, Engineering Department, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 76 E. High Street, Springfield, OH 45502.
- Download, print and complete the application. Return to the Engineering Department by email to email@example.com or by mail to the City of Springfield, Engineering Department, 76 E. High Street, Springfield, OH 45502.
- Download ‘fillable’ PDF form to your desktop and complete. Then, using the ‘Submit’ button, return electronically.
After the application has been received, you will be notified of revisions or amount of payment.
Affirmative Action Program
- MBE/DBE Certification Packet
- MBE/DBE Recertification Packet
- Affirmative Action Program Application
- Affirmative Action Program Renewal Application
Projects Under Construction
CLA – Middle Urbana Rehab, PID 94768
This project involves the widening, partial full depth reclamation and overlay of Middle Urbana Road from an existing two lane highway with shared two way left turn lane. Work includes pavement widening, minor drainage improvements, sanitary and water upgrades and ditch grading along Middle Urbana Road, between Villa Road and S.R. 334. This project was awarded to J & J Schlaegel, Inc. in the amount of $1,394,613.15.
Roadway is open to two way traffic. Unfortunately, the project will not be completed this year. The contractor shall be working throughout the winter, as weather will allow and the final course of asphalt will be placed in the spring.
Please be aware that work zones shall be in place at various locations along the project as the contractor works on different items.
Funded by ODOT, OPWC, City Water & City Sewer.
CLA – US 40-16.82, PID 103791 – Rebid
This project consists of replacing the spanwire traffic signal supports with mast arms to add 5-section signal heads and add backplates to all traffic signal heads at the intersection of Bird Road and Route 40. U.S. Utility Contractor is the contractor on the project. Cost of the project is $233,818.34. The contractor is currently scheduled to set the new mast arms in January 2019. The anticipated completion date is sometime in February of 2019.
Funded by ODOT.
2018 Miscellaneous Sanitary Sewer Lining
This project consists of:
- Rehabilitation of approximately 375 vertical feet of manhole utilizing spray applied monolithic liner.
- Cleaning and Rehabilitation of approximately 5,512 linear feet of existing sanitary sewer by cured in place plastic pipe (CIPP)
The locations where the lining will be taking place are: S Jackson St – W State St to Innisfallen Ave; S Clairmont Ave – Sheridan Ave to Van Buren Ave; S Clairmont Ave – Van Buren Ave to Lexington Ave; Lexington Ave – S Douglas Ave to S Clairmont Ave; Lexington Ave – Raffensperger Ave to S Clairmont Ave; Lexington Ave – Buxton Ave to Raffensperger Ave; Lexington Ave – Burnett Rd to Willow Dr; Lexington Ave – S Belmont Ave to S Douglas Ave; and N Market St – S Center St to S Fountain Ave. Anticipated completion date is scheduled for November 30, 2018. The contractor on this job is Insituform Technologies, LLC. with an award amount of $343,494.00.
Funding provided by City Sewer funds.
CLA – Bechtle – 0.57, PID 99563
This project consists of bridge rehabilitation on Bechtle Avenue over Snyder Park Road and Lagoons by replacing the superstructure with minimal approach work. Bid was awarded to Eagle Bridge Company with a bid amount of $1,409,565.61. Two-way traffic shall be maintained with on lane of travel in each direction. Please be aware of traffic lane shifts and exercise caution as construction traffic may be entering and exiting the work zone. Scheduled completion date is 8/30/18.
Funding provided by ODOT and OPWC.