The Street Maintenance Division is responsible for the maintenance and repair of City streets. Activities include pothole repair, crack sealing, asphalt repairs, guardrail repair and replacement, and street sweeping as needed. During winter months, crews are responsible for ice control and snow removal on arterial, collector, and residential City streets. Included in the division’s duties is posting of No Parking signs and removal of debris and dead animals from the public right-of-ways.
Potholes & Street Repair
The Street Maintenance Division attempts to repair potholes on streets as soon as they become a problem. Alleys are lower priority and are repaired as workload permits. Please use the Report a Concern feature on the website to request pothole and street repairs, as well as other service requests. You may also call the Service Center at (937) 525-5800.
Bagged Leaf Pickup
Bagged leaf pickup for City of Springfield residents will be late November or early December. Bags need to be at the curb by 6:00 AM on the mornings of the scheduled pickup. Bags are to be furnished by the citizens and may be plastic or paper. Prepaid bags are not required and yard waste will not be collected. The Service Department would like to remind residents that leaves should not be raked into the street or gutter. Any questions regarding the fall bagged leaf pickup should be directed to the Service Center at (937) 525-5800.
The Service Department is responsible for ice control and snow removal on all public streets in the City of Springfield. The City’s goal is to have all arterial and collector streets cleared within 12 hours after the end of the storm. Residential streets are addressed on a storm-by-storm basis and given varying levels of attention according to factors such as temperature and amount of snow and ice. Questions may be directed to the Service Center at (937) 525-5800.
The City’s Snow Route GIS Map depicts streets throughout the City that have been given priority designations: A, B and Residential. The priorities are established by consideration of traffic volumes and the maintenance of essential functions. Criteria considered are State routes, Federal routes, streets to hospitals, bus routes, high volume streets, schools, fire stations, railroad crossings, signalized intersections, bridges, hills and curves.
The City provides a street sweeping program for City streets in the corporate boundary. All streets are swept at least once every year. Sweeping is performed by City crews and through an annual contract with a private vendor. Questions may be directed to the Service Center at (937) 525-5800.
Part 9 - Streets, Utilities, and Public Services Code
Title One - Streets and Sidewalk Areas
- Chapter 901. Excavations in the Right-of-Way (8-15-17)
- Chapter 902. Right-of-Way Use Management
- Chapter 903. Sidewalks, Curbs and Gutters (12-6-16)
- Chapter 905. Vacation or Narrowing of Streets (4-28-15)
- Chapter 907. Trees
- Chapter 909. Weeds (6-25-13)
- Chapter 910. Building Numbering
Title Three - Municipal Utilities
- Chapter 911. Water Rates and Regulations (12-5-17)
- Chapter 913. Cross Connection Control and Water Quality Protection (9-25-12)
- Chapter 915. Sewer Connections (4-12-16)
- Chapter 916. Use of Public Sewers (03-31-15)
- Chapter 917. Sewerage Charges (12-5-17)
- Chapter 918. Stormwater Utility Charges (12-22-15)
- Chapter 919. Sanitary Services (3-29-16)
- Chapter 921. Private Solid Waste Collectors
- Chapter 922. Residential Solid Waste Collectors
- Chapter 923. Demolition Dumps
- Chapter 925. Collection and Disposal of Storm Waters
- Chapter 927. Utilities Serving New Condominium Developments
- Chapter 929. Wellhead and Well Field Protection Regulations (9-13-16)
Title Four - Engineering Regulations
Title Five - Other Public Services
- Chapter 955. Fire Protection Outside City Limits
- Chapter 959. Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport (10-11-16)
Title Six - Stormwater Regulations