Access various permits, documents, and information about building regulations in Springfield, Ohio.
ON JULY 1, 2018 THE CITY OF SPRINGFIELD WILL BE CONVERTING OUR PLAN REVIEW PROCESS FOR COMMERCIAL PROJECTS TO ELECTRONIC SUBMITTALS ONLY. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL 937-324-7390.
A permit is not required for routine maintenance work or cosmetic improvements such as carpet, painting, vinyl siding, replacement of cabinets, replacement of same-size windows, fences, residential storage buildings 200 square feet in size or smaller, etc.
Note: Fences must meet zoning restrictions regarding height and placement.
A permit is required for new construction, demolition and any alteration, addition, repair or renovation beyond basic cosmetic improvements. Separate permits are required for any work in the following areas: building (including reroofing), heating-ventilation-air conditioning, electrical, demolition, fire detection and suppression, signs, plumbing, swimming pools over 36 inches deep or moving a building. Failure to obtain the proper permits can result in financial penalties and/or orders to remove unauthorized construction work or installations.
- Hearing Petition to Springfield Local Board of Building Appeals
- 2015 Requested Inspection Fillable PDF
- 2015 Requested Inspection Non-Fillable PDF
- Construction Codes adopted by the City
- Gas Piping Policy
- Submission of Construction Plans
- Local Professional Architects & Engineers
- Building – Commercial Communication Towers
- Building – Commercial/Industrial Fillable PDF
- Building – Commercial/Industrial Non-Fillable PDF
- Building – Residential Fillable PDF
- Building – Residential Non-Fillable PDF
- Commercial Demolition
- Residential Demolition
- Electrical Permit Fillable PDF
- Electrical Permit Non-Fillable PDF
- Electrical Service Reconnect
- Fire Detection/Suppression
- Gas Piping
- HVAC Fillable PDF
- HVAC Non-Fillable PDF
- Residential Re-Roofing
- Permanent Sign Permit
- Temporary Sign Permit