Government in Springfield, Ohio
The City of Springfield operates as a council-manager form of government, which combines the strong political leadership of elected officials with the strong managerial experience of an appointed manager or administrator. The City Manager’s Office provides the leadership, management and coordination for the affairs of the City with a professional City Manager and other staff as appropriate. The office carries out the goals and objectives of the City Commission with available resources, and also provides community liaison services, legislative support, Economic Development, project supervision and budget overview, policy development, and information about City services to the public and media.
Agenda and Journal Minutes
Current Commission Meeting Agenda
2021 Commission Agendas & Minutes
2020 Commission Agendas & Minutes
- December 22 Journal Minutes
- December 22 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- December 8 Journal Minutes
- December 8 Public Hearing Minutes - Budget
- December 8 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- November 24 Journal Minutes
- November 24 Work Session Minutes
- November 24 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- November 17 Budget Meeting and Journal Minutes
- November 17 Agenda
- November 16 Budget Meeting Minutes
- November 2 Journal Minutes
- November 2 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- October 20 Journal Minutes
- October 20 Work Session Minutes
- October 20 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- October 6 Journal Minutes
- October 6 Work Session Minutes
- October 6 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- September 22 Journal Minutes
- September 22 Work Session Minutes
- September 22 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- September 8 Journal Minutes
- September 8 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- August 25 Journal Minutes
- August 25 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- August 11 Journal Minutes
- August 11 Work Session Minutes
- July 28 Journal Minutes
- July 28 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- July 14 Journal Minutes
- July 14 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- June 30 Journal Minutes
- June 30 Work Session Minutes
- June 30 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- June 16 Journal Minutes
- June 16 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- June 2 Journal Minutes
- June 2 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- May 19 Journal Minutes
- May 19 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- May 5 Journal Minutes
- May 5 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- April 21 Journal Minutes
- April 21 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- April 7 Journal Minutes
- April 7 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- March 24 Journal Minutes
- March 24 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- March 10 Journal Minutes
- March 10 Work Session Minutes
- March 10 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- March 4 Special Meeting
- March 3 Special Meeting
- March 3 Special Agenda
- February 25 Journal Minutes
- February 25 Work Session Minutes
- February 25 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- February 11 Journal Minutes
- February 11 Work Session Minutes
- February 11 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- January 28 Journal Minutes
- January 28 Work Session Minutes
- January 28 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- January 14 Journal Minutes
- January 14 Work Session Minutes
- January 14 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
- January 2 Journal Minutes
- January 2 Agenda/Work Session Schedule
Special Boards and Commissions
PLEASE NOTE: IN AN EFFORT TO STOP THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS, MANY CITY BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS ARE HOLDING PUBLIC MEETINGS VIRTUALLY. MEETING DATES AND TIMES MAY HAVE CHANGED FROM THEIR ORIGINAL SCHEDULES. PLEASE CONTACT THE CITY CLERK AT 937-324-7341 FOR SPECIFIC MEETING DATES AND TIMES.
Board of Building Appeals (BBA)
Held the third Thursday of each month at 4:00 p.m. in the second floor conference room at City Hall.
Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA)
Held on the third Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the City Hall Forum.
Meetings held on alternating Tuesdays in the City Hall Forum. Legislative sessions begin at 7:00 p.m.
City Planning Board (CPB)
Held on the first Monday after the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the City Hall Forum.
Civil Service Commission
Held on the fourth Thursday of each month at 2:00 p.m. in the second floor conference room at City Hall.
Community Grant Advisory Board
Held on the second Thursday of every month at 9:00 a.m. in the City Hall Forum conference room.
Community Beautification Committee (CBC)
Held on the first Thursday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the City Hall Forum conference room.
Annual meeting held at least once each year, no later than October 1, in the Manager’s conference room at City Hall.
Council of Neighborhood Associations (CONA)
Meets the fourth Monday of each month (except June and December) at 7:00 p.m. in the City Hall Forum.
Historic Landmarks Commission
Held on the first Monday after the first Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the City Hall Forum conference room.
Human Relations Board
Regular meetings will be held the second Monday of each month at 3:30 p.m. in the Community Development conference room, which is on the second floor at City Hall. There are some exceptions, please see the full proposed schedule.
Joint Economic Development District (JEDD) Board of Directors
Meets at the Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport conference room in the Terminal Building located at 1251 West Blee Road. Meetings are not regularly scheduled. Additional information can be provided upon written request to Jill Pierce by email or mail: 76 East High Street, Springfield, Ohio 45502.
Meetings will be held at 4:00 p.m. on January 8, April 2, July 2, and October 1 in the City Hall Forum conference room.
Municipal Airport Advisory Board
Held on the first Wednesday of February, April, June, August, October, and December at 5:30 p.m. in the Terminal Building Conference Room at Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport located at 1251 West Blee Road.