Find resources and regulations on building, planning, zoning, and codes. Also access helpful information on code enforcement.
A Fair Housing Seminar will be held on April 28, 2020 from 8:00 am – 11:45 am at the Courtyard by Marriott, 100 S. Fountain Avenue, Springfield, Ohio. Registration and registration fee of $20.00 are requested by April 24, 2020. Participants will
- Gain an understanding of the key laws that govern fair housing, with a focus on advertising
- Expand knowledge of correct work usage
- Develop an awareness of steering and how to avoid comments that are discriminatory
- Obtain resources to aid in compliance
Please call Nancy Flinchbaugh at 937-324-7380 with questions or to register for the event.
Housing Rehab Programs
Comprehensive Rehab Programs
Home Installment Loan – This is a ten to fifteen-year zero-interest loan. Terms are dependent on age, disability, Veteran status, and income. Staff will assist with selection of a licensed contractor to perform this work. To learn more about the Home Installment Loan Program click here.
Examples include: furnace, gas lines, insulation, roofs, electrical, plumbing, handicapped accessible improvements, etc.
Emergency Repair Installment Loan – This is a zero-interest loan for homeowners to correct a serious health/safety or energy conservation condition as mentioned above. To learn more about the Emergency Repair Installment Loan Program click here.
Special Needs Assistance
Special Needs Assistance with Housing
For Persons with Low Income
Springfield Metropolitan Housing Authority
536 North Murray Street
Springfield, OH 45503
For Persons with Disabilities
For Victims of Domestic Violence
For Persons Who are Homeless
City of Springfield Rental Information
- Tenant Rights and Responsibilities Booklet (English)
- Derechos y Responsibilidades del Inquilino (Español) – Papel de tamaño Legal
- Tenant Information Sign-off Sheet (English)
- Hoja de Registro de Informacion del Inquilino (Español)
- Protect Your Family From Lead in Your Home (English)
- Proteja a Su Familia en Contra del Plomo en Su Casa (Español)
Finding a Place to Rent
Other Consumer Complaints
- Springfield Building Regulations
- Springfield Planning and Zoning
- Required Inspections
- Standards for Affordable Housing
- Submission of Construction Plans
Fair Housing Newsletter
Flood Zone Information
Property Managers & Renters
Don’t lose your house to foreclosure. Call for help.
Local Resources to Prevent Foreclosure:
- Consumer Credit Counseling
- Legal Aid of Western Ohio
- Neighborhood Housing Partnership of Greater Springfield
Before you refinance your home, get advice…